Jeffrey is a Managing Director leading the Credit Risk practice within Protiviti’s Risk & Compliance solution. He has specialized in providing Due Diligence, Loan Review and other credit focused consulting services to financial institutions and financial buyers. Prior to joining Protiviti in 2004, Jeffrey acquired eight years of experience, most recently as a Director in the transaction services group of a “Big Four” accounting firm. His transaction service experience was focused on providing due diligence services for asset-based lending, securitization, private equity and strategic acquisition & divestiture transactions. Jeffrey was also a senior auditor in the assurance practice at Arthur Andersen, servicing Fortune 500 clients in the consumer finance and consumer products industries.
Jeffrey is responsible for managing projects teams and assisting clients in a variety of functional areas including; assessing asset portfolios pledged for structured financing transactions, credit loan reviews and process consulting related to credit functions in financial services and other industries. He is also responsible for ensuring projects are completed in an accurate and efficient manner based on the clients requirements, and that clients are informed of key areas of interest identified during the due diligence process to enhance the clients ability to evaluate and underwrite each transaction.
- Responsible for practice focused on providing various credit consulting services, including & Lender Due Diligence, Loan Review, internal audit support, credit risk consulting and model risk service lines. Manage forecasting, sales pipeline, client relationships and operational aspects of the practice with the assistance of team members.
- Manage over 150 due diligence projects annually on borrowers ranging from the middle market to Fortune 500 companies throughout the United States, Europe and Australia.
- Supervise and performed due diligence projects structured as securitizations, asset-based loans, cash-flow loans, asset purchases, stock sales and leveraged buyouts.
- Provide services throughout a variety of industries and assets classes including, consumer finance, manufacturing, distribution/wholesale, retail, service, commercial finance, information technology, timeshares, telecommunications, energy, transportation and healthcare among others.
- Managed and participated in financial due diligence projects for private equity and strategic buyers in the US, Europe and Australia. Analyzed quality of earnings, revenue recognition, key asset and liability classes and equity transactions for target companies operating in a wide range of industries.
- Performed Loan Review projects on middle market financial institutions throughout US, focus on quality of underwriting standards and compliance with institutional lending standards.
Areas of Expertise
- Credit Risk
- Lender Due Diligence
- Loan Review
- Asset Securitization
- Asset Based Lending
- Financial Services
- Specialty Finance
- Commercial Finance
- Consumer Finance
- Automotive Lending
- B.B.A. – Accounting, University of Wisconsin-Madison