Chris is a Managing Director and one of the leaders of the Global Supply Chain Solutions practice at Protiviti. He has over 18 years’ experience in supply chain, both within industry and serving clients as a consultant. He has a proven track record of analyzing, improving, and transforming organizations and processes and delivering sustainable cost savings for clients across a number of industries. His areas of focus include S&OP, Sourcing and Procurement, Contracting & Supplier Management, Third Party Risk Management, Inventory Management & Distribution.
Representative Projects - Short List
- Petrochemical company - Business transformation project across supply chain, accounting/finance, and order management, including organization structure, policy/process re-design, reporting, and supporting systems infrastructure, including change management. Project resulted in improved overall efficiency (cycle time reduction of procure-to-pay and monthly close process), improved integrity and reliability of reporting and metrics, and alignment of business and systems strategy and process design.
- Global Financial Services Company – implemented 3PM function, including activities with Vendor Risk Management, Procurement, BCM, InfoSec, Compliance, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management, and individual lines of business. Let pilot program to validate process effectiveness, system functionality and integration. Developed materials and trained all 1st and 2nd line of defense stakeholder across the organization. Led design, development, and implementation of 3PRM system, including integration with Sourcing and procurement system (Ariba). Designed control reports and executive reporting dashboards to monitor process effectiveness, compliance, and report overall risk profile and exposure to the Executive Team.
- Global Distributor – conducted analysis of forecasting, sales order activity and supporting inventory acquisition/replenishment to identify and quantify drivers, impact and opportunity cost around non-stock order fulfillment, including lost margin, and correlation related to material, category, supplier, and/or market. Identified opportunities for process improvement related to authorization, vendor selection, customer fulfillment, distribution, invoicing, and commercial card purchases.
- Manufacturer - Inventory planning re-engineering project. Identified opportunities for improvement related to: S&OP, Demand Planning & Forecasting, Generation of Inventory Targets, Supply Planning / MRP, Inventory Management, Consignment Inventory Consumption and Replenishment, Inventory and Forecasting KPI’s / metrics.
- Publisher - Enterprise transformation, including S&OP, CRM, demand and supply planning, inventory management, product /customer master data management, product development / BOM, financial analysis, executive reporting and strategic modeling. Implemented immediate enhancements to improve efficiency and productivity, on-hand inventory reduction of ~$100 million, reduction of purchases / external spend by $35 million, reduced planning and reporting cycle time by 4-6 weeks.
- Oilfield Services Company – Review of the materials management and logistics processes to identify inefficiencies and improvement opportunities. Scope included: Procurement, Receiving, Returns, Work Order Management, Material Issuances/Transfers, Cycle Counting, Invoice Processing, Bulk Material Handling, and 3rd Party Inventory Management.
- Global Airline – Future state design, documentation, training, and implementation for global inventory management program, including Replenishment, Receiving, Put-Away, Picking, Returns, Repairs, Scrapping, Inspection/Test, Transfers, Consignment/Loan, and Cycle Counting. Savings totaling $68M were identified from process changes and reduction in inventory holding costs and warranty management processes.
Areas of Expertise
- Supply Chain
- Business Performance Improvement
- BS – Industrial Distribution,
- Texas A&M University (Cum Laude)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Purchasing Mgr (CPM)
- Certified Import/Export Compliance Manager (PACMAN)
- Six Sigma – Green Belt
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- Named 2014 “Pro to Know” by Supply & Demand Chain Executive Magazine