Charles is a Managing Director with Protiviti and serves as the firm’s Global Public Sector industry leader. He has significant experience in providing accounting and financial advisory, risk consulting and business transformation to both Public Sector and commercial clients.
Charles is a Certified Public Accountant with a bachelor’s degree in accountancy from Baruch College and a master’s degree from New York University.
- Advised public sector clients on regulatory and operational risks related to their business processes.
- Served as the lead engagement Managing Director for public sector projects to design and implement a streamlined and standardized process, develop a sustainable process for both management and external reporting, and improve processes and controls for the financial operations.
- Managed multiple Public Company Transformation projects. The project included conducting interview with executive management, reviewing client documentations, comparing current state capabilities to those required of a public company, preparing a detailed project plan for IPO readiness, and PMO the IPO effort.
- Managed several Internal Audit and SOA Section 404 Compliance projects, whose scopes of work included project management and quality assurance, entity level assessments, development of documentation standards, identification and documentation of controls, test plan development, test plan execution, and remediation planning.
- Provided assistance with financial reporting requirements, consulting on the adoption of new regulatory and accounting pronouncements. Most recently helping multinational clients with assessments and transformations related to Revenue Recognition and Leases.
Areas of Expertise:
- Business Performance Improvement
- Public Company Transformation
- Internal Audit
- Public Sector
- Technology, Media & Telecommunication
- Consumer Product & Services
- MA – TESOL, New York University
- BBA – Accounting, Baruch College
Professional Memberships and Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors