Charles is a Managing Director in New York and a global leader for the Public Sector Industry. Charles has significant experience in providing accounting and financial advisory, risk consulting and business transformation to both Public Sector, Healthcare and Technology clients.
Charles is a Certified Public Accountant with a bachelor’s degree in accountancy from Baruch College and a master’s degree from New York University.
- Led several large Government Managed Business Services projects to design and implement a streamlined and standardized process, develop a sustainable process for both management and external reporting, and improve processes and controls for the financial operations.
- Managed multiple Public Company Transformation projects. The project included conducting interview with executive management, reviewing client documentations, comparing current state capabilities to those required of a public company, preparing a detailed project plan for IPO readiness, and PMO the IPO effort.
- Managed several Internal Audit and SOA Section 404 Compliance projects, whose scopes of work included project management and quality assurance, entity level assessments, development of documentation standards, identification and documentation of controls, test plan development, test plan execution, and remediation planning.
- Conducted various assessments and process transformation projects for multinational client’s pursuing acquisitions, entering the public markets, or seeking improved efficiencies and effectiveness of their financial processes and controls.
- Provided assistance with financial reporting requirements, consulting on the adoption of new regulatory and accounting pronouncements. Most recently helping multinational clients with assessments and transformations related to Revenue Recognition and Leases.
Areas of Expertise:
- Business Performance Improvement
- Public Company Transformation
- Internal Audit
- Public Sector
- Technology, Media & Telecommunication
- Consumer Product & Services
- MA – TESOL, New York University
- BBA – Accounting, Baruch College
Professional Memberships and Certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors