Brad is the Chicago Market and Central Region leader of Protiviti’s Internal Audit and Financial Advisory practice. He is also the Central Region lead for our Public Company Transformation practice. Brad brings 25 years of experience in public accounting, internal audit and consulting services. Brad is the engagement leader on multiple outsourced and co-sourced Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley projects. Brad is accredited by the IIA in the performance of Quality Assessment Reviews.
He is a frequent speaker at a number of organizations and conferences including the IIA, FEI, ISACA, IMA, IAPP, APQC and has conducted multiple national webinars. Prior to joining Protiviti, Brad was a senior manager in Arthur Andersen’s Chicago office. Brad also spent several years as the Chief Financial Officer of a privately held manufacturing and distribution company.
- Engagement leader for multiple internal audit, IT internal audit, and SOX clients across various industries. Responsible for all elements of audit planning (including risk assessment), execution, quality assurance, and reporting to Executive Management and the Audit Committee.
- Engagement leader for multiple global audit engagements that require extensive coordination and collaboration with Protiviti offices across the globe. Audit scopes include a combination of operational audits, IT audits, and compliance/regulatory audits (SOX).
- Led a variety of internal audit start-up, transformation, and public company readiness activities for companies in multiple industries, including seven in the Restaurant industry. Responsible for developing and delivering risk management and audit department reporting for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee.
- Led Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance testing efforts at global clients in various industries, including multiple year-one environments. Responsible for all aspects of scoping/planning, initial testing, remediation testing, and refresh testing – included operations in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
- Served in the Project Management Office of multiple Sarbanes-Oxley compliance teams. Areas of responsibility included: planning and scoping of Business Process and IT SOX effort, documentation and design of application and general controls, testing of application and general controls, control deficiency remediation assistance, control optimization project management, and the development of management and steering committee reporting formats content.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Finance & Accounting Excellence
- Public Company Transformation
- Mergers & Acquisition Integration
- Retail/Consumer Products
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- M.B.A., Northwestern University, Kellogg Graduate School of Business
- B.S. in Accountancy, Indiana University)
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accreditation in Quality Assessment and Validation
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Member, IIA, AICPA, ICPA and FEI