Sukhdev is a Managing Director within the London office Internal Audit and Financial Control practice. His combination of industry and consulting experience has enabled him to provide balanced and practical value added solutions to his clients’ problems. He has in excess of 25 years of Internal Audit and risk management experience gained across a number of diverse sectors including distribution, manufacturing, energy & utilities, retail, telecoms and FS.
Sukhdev has also been actively involved on a number of risk management and compliance projects, including supporting the Project Management Offices, and managing teams involved in design, documentation, evaluation and remediation activities. Prior to joining Protiviti 13 years ago, Sukhdev led the international audit function for a multi-billion NYSE listed CPG company. He is also accredited by the IIA Inc. to perform IA Quality Assurance Reviews.
- Sukhdev has over 25 years experience in Internal Audit, risk and advisory consulting.
- Sukhdev has significant practical experience of defining the Internal Audit strategy, developing plans, directing large audit teams and ensuring a consistent quality in the work performed and reports issued.
- Sukhdev has been involved with performing a number of risk assessment projects to help clients develop plans which are more risk focused. He was actively involved in developing the firm’s product offerings in the area of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Prior to joining Protiviti 12 years ago, Sukhdev was the CAE responsible for managing the European Internal Audit function of a $7bn T/O S&P 500 client. As such, he has practical experience in not only consulting on leading internal audit practices but also has the deep experience and insight of being an IA practitioner. Whilst at Protiviti, he has been responsible for a number of co-sourced internal audit engagements.
- Sukhdev has deep and broad experience of working with a diverse range of clients to achieve their compliance programs including Sarbanes Oxley and J-Sox. Key responsibilities have included a Steering Group Advisory role; managing Project Management Office for timely compliance, development of standard process documentation (narrative and flow charts) and risk control matrix as well as evaluating design and operating effectiveness of identified controls and assisting in defining remediation action plans for noted weaknesses.
- Sukhdev has in-depth experience of auditing across many diverse industries working and managing engagements in many countries and across many cultures including Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. He has considerable breadth and depth of establishing and reviewing internal controls systems across all business processes including finance, sales, production, marketing, distribution and Human Resources.
- Sukhdev has been accredited Quality Assessment and Validation by the IIA.. He has been involved in performing a number of formal and informal QAR reviews including interviewing senior executive stakeholders.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit / QAR/ IT Audit
- Governance and Risk Management
- Internal Controls
- Compliance – US SOx/JSox
- Energy & Utilities
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- BSc. Accounting & Financial Management
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA)
- Accredited in Quality Assessment and Validation by the IIA
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)