Mark is Managing Director in the London office in the UK. He has over 25 years of business, technology and operational risk consulting experience gained from serving a variety of companies across financial services, consumer & industrial and energy & utilities markets in the UK and Internationally.
Mark specialises in supporting clients to identify, analyse and manage the risks and opportunities associated with change driven by digital technology, regulation, changes to business models, political disruption and adjustments to corporate culture.
During his time with Protiviti he has worked for some of the world's premier organisations services relating to Governance, Internal Audit, Change Assurance, Technology Governance, Systems implementation and information security. Prior to joining Protiviti Mark was a Principal Advisor for 12 years within the Risk Advisory practice at KPMG.
- Internal Audit Outsourcing and Co-sourcing - Delivered, managed and led global IT Internal Audit work for numerous companies over the past six years. This has included various secondments into the IT Internal Audit team to undertake specific IT Audit Director roles and leading outsourced audit coverage.
- Internal Financial Controls - Led teams and programs of work to with a wide range of clients, helping them to revise and implement Internal Financial Controls utilising a pragmatic approach to compliance that meet regulatory requirements in the most cost-effective manner. The projects have included the documentation, evaluation and remediation of controls relating to major financial processes as well as providing input to drive greater process efficiency.
- program and project assurance - Led and delivered program and project assurance reviews over organisation- wide technology enabled change programs including ERP systems implementations, shared service centres, restructuring, mergers & acquisitions. Advised a global financial services organisation on improving program risk management practices covering; systems selection, application security, functional controls, testing and third-party management to enable the successful turnaround of a failing multi-million-pound project.
- Information Security - Managed and delivery organisation-wide information security audits of a FTSE 100 organisation leading to major logical and physical security improvements.
- IT Risk Management & Controls Assessment - Mark led the teamwork with an international consumer products organisation to review and embed a baseline of IT processes and controls transforming the business approach to IT governance and assurance.
- Led and delivered external Quality Assessment of various FTSE 100 Financial Services Organisation and Operational Functions.
AREAS OF SPECIALISM
- Internal Audit
- Project Risk Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- IT Governance & Risk Management
- Financial Services
- Consumer & Industrial
- Energy & Utilities
EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- BA Hons Business Economics, City of London