Emma Marcandalli is Managing Director in our Milan office. Emma has 20+ years of experience in providing governance, risk, compliance and internal control consulting services to clients in different industries, where she developed a strong expertise in process analysis, risk & control assessment, corporate governance compliance, project management. She started her career in Arthur Andersen, where she became Manager of the Risk Consulting practice. She then joined Deloitte in 2003 before moving to Protiviti in 2004. Emma was part of the professional team that founded Protiviti in Italy.
She now leads our Governance, Risk & Compliance and Internal Audit practice for non-financial industries. With particular regards to Enterprise Risk Management, she is the Global ERM Leader and responsible for our offering development as well as for several ERM significant projects for international groups. She is authored of some Protiviti Governance, Risk and Compliance publications, such as the Working Paper «The role of the Board in risk governance and risk oversight » (June 2014).
Management and Client’s Projects
Some of the most relevant client engagements include:
- Managing significant and complex ERM projects from 2009 until today, contributing in the development of our ERM methodology & tools (in particular risk measurement and integration with business and decision-making processes)
- Managing many Internal Audit engagements (e.g. set up foundation, outsourcing services, quality assurance reviews of internal audit processes)
- Managing several Law 231 compliance engagements, assisting clients in assessing, designing and/or implementing organizational models in compliance with the law requirements
- Assisting Clients in the set up of their Compliance programs and functions
- Assisting Clients to comply with Privacy laws (including GDPR)
- Assisting large Italian companies in Business Process & Internal Control System Analysis projects
- On-going collaboration with AIIA (Italian chapter of The IIA)