Emma Marcandalli is Managing Director in our Milan office. She has 24+ years of experience in providing governance, risk management, compliance and internal control consulting services to clients in different industries, where she developed a strong expertise in process analysis, diagnosis, design and implementation of internal control systems according to risk-bases methodologies, corporate governance and risk assessment.
Emma started her career in Arthur Andersen (from 2002 merged in Deloitte), where she worked for the first years on auditing civil and consolidated financial statements, then becoming Manager of the risk consulting practice.
In Protiviti Italy she’s now part of the Management Team that guides the company and leads our “Products & Services” practice, that encompasses all non-financial industries. In this practice Emma shall coordinate Audit & Compliance, Risk & Sustainability, Business Process Improvement and Digital solutions.
At Protiviti Global level, Emma is the Global ERM Leader and responsible for our offering development for non-financial sectors.
- Responsible for several Enterprise Risk Management projects for multinational groups (listed and non-listed) operating in the industrial, manufacturing and non-financial services sectors
- Responsible for several assignments in the field of Internal Audit (function set up, outsourcing, Quality Assessment Review of the function, continuous auditing, implementation of IT solutions to support audit processes)
- Responsible for projects for the adoption and updating of organizational, management and control models to D.Lgs. 231/2001 for leading Italian companies and groups
- Assistance to leading Italian groups in the setup of the Compliance function and related Group Compliance Programs
- Assistance in compliance with privacy regulations (including GDPR)
- Support in the design and implementation of Anticorruption Compliance Program
- Support to leading Italian groups in Business Process & Internal Control System Analysis projects
- Assistance to companies in the digital transformation of their processes
- Continuous collaboration with the Italian Association of Internal Auditors (AIIA)