Cristina Peano joined Protiviti in 2006. Her areas of expertise are Corporate Governance (for both listed and not listed companies); Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit e Fraud.
Before joining Protiviti, Cristina worked for Ferrero International and, afterwards, she had a three year experience in Deloitte&Touche providing external audit services to manufacturing industry clients, due diligence services, consulting services (mainly SOX - risk mapping, testing and procedures writing).
Some of her recent relevant client engagements and management responsibilities include:
- Internal Audit activities, such as i) IA function start up, ii) full outsourcing in mid size listed companies, iii) major co-sourcing engagements (up to 1.000 + man days per year), iv) definition of IA functions methodologies and manuals, v) high value audits and licencing audits, vi) operational, financial and compliance audits, vii) ICS adequacy assessments;
- “Legge Risparmio n. 262/2005” (Italian SOX), JSOX, SOX (and in general ICFR) compliance projects for Italian and international listed companies (i.e.: mapping processes, identifying key risks and key controls; gap analysis and identification and drafting key controls to be implemented) as well as testing activities coordination (both TOD and TOE);
- Other Italian compliance requirements related projects (such as Italian Legislative Decree 231/01; money laundering regulations; market abuse; related parties; etc) for Italian listed and non-listed companies;
- Fraud investigations and incident analysis in listed companies;
- Corporate Governance support to listed and non-listed companies (e.g.: compliance to policies issued by regulators or trend setters/best practices);
- Tax Control Frameworks design and implementation support in Italian and international Multinational Groups;
- Procedures, checklists, manuals and guidelines drafting for operative, accounting, management reporting, SOX and other purposes;
- Training material preparation and sessions execution (on Corporate Governance, Compliance and Internal Audit);
- Risk assessment and management projects, there including ERM implementation;
- Risk disclosure for financial reporting purposes projects;
- Rightsizing engagements, also at international level.
Cristina is fluent in English, Spanish and Portuguese due to her personal and professional experiences