Driving Operational Efficiency Through Leading ERP Solutions
As an executive in healthcare, you make a lot of important decisions to ensure the financial health of your organisation. One of those important decisions might be to select and implement a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. If you have made that decision, you have determined that your current information system, be it an existing ERP or best-of-breed solution, does not meet the current needs of your organisation. Like many organisations relying on older ERP systems, your organisation has probably developed many workarounds, using Excel too much, lacking current functionality such as self-service and mobile capabilities, or just making do without robust information.
How do you select an ERP system? Who needs to be involved in the decision-making process? How much do you need to budget? Who should participate in the implementation? Once you choose an ERP, who implements and integrates the system? How will you continue to close the books and get financial reports out the door during the implementation? How can you get this done with minimal impact to the organisation’s mission? How has COVID-19 impacted the organisation’s plans, and what needs to get adjusted if you are leveraging a remote workforce?
Protiviti can help you answer all these questions. We have extensive experience, inside and outside of the healthcare industry, helping our clients optimise all components of the ERP life cycle. These include:
- Software evaluation & selection
- Solution design & implementation
- Project leadership & management
- Risk management & controls
- Change enablement & training
- Security assessment, design & configuration
- Data strategy, conversion & governance
- Business intelligence & report development
- Resource backfill & augmentation
- Intelligent process automation (IPA)
Protiviti is unique in that we provide exceptional value through our ability to design and develop innovative technologies, a unique and flexible talent pool, and deep industry and operational knowledge. Through our proven methodologies and resources, we assist and advise clients in designing comprehensive solutions, leveraging our proprietary solution-design framework, and implementing leading systems to enable business transformation. We have partnerships with leading ERP system vendors and dedicated practices to help you get the most out of your technology investment.
In addition, in collaboration with our parent company, Robert Half, we are able to share our clients’ workload/burden to address performance or backlog issues in key business functions. No other firm has the capability or the combined experience of rigorous methodologies, seasoned professionals, and a specialised workforce capable of stepping in to fill vacancies or augment existing operations as needed throughout the life cycle of an implementation.
Representative Client Experience in Implementing ERP Systems
A healthcare organisation had recently merged with another healthcare system of similar size. Immediately after the merger, the company started its project to implement Workday’s finance, supply chain and human resources modules.
Protiviti has been supporting this effort in various leadership and in-depth capacities:
- PMO leadership and support
- Managing the implementation plan and efforts
- Design/development of the foundation data model (FDM)
- Augmenting the company’s finance team and enabling it to focus on other responsibilities
- Facilitation/development of data conversion strategy
- Leading data conversion efforts for general ledger and supply chain
- Assisting in standardising supply chain business processes and data elements across the enterprise
- Developing the cutover approach that met business requirements, managed the level of effort and optimised the use of data conversion tools
- Defining change enablement, training and post-go-live support plans
A not-for-profit health system made up of more than 600 centers, with 45,000 employees and 15,000 physicians was implementing Infor in order to standardise its ERP platform across the system (replacing 12 disparate ERPs) and gain efficiencies in operations, consolidation and reporting.
Protiviti assisted with the Infor implementation in many roles:
- Accounts payable process automation and integration
- Accounts payable invoice and invoice-exception backlog mitigation
- Accounting operations and ERP transition
- Financial accounting reconciliations and reporting
- Supply chain master data cleanup
- Supply cost optimisation and inventory reconciliation
- Training development and delivery
- Overall risk monitoring and management
- Security architecture validation and enhancement assistance
- Internal audit reviews, including go-live assessment, user access and segregation of duties
A not-for-profit healthcare system operating hospitals, urgent care centers and clinics and providing telehealth services. Recently, the organisation embarked on a strategic initiative to replace its legacy ERP platform with an Oracle Cloud solution, including financials, supply chain management (SCM), human capital management (HCM) and payroll, and Kronos for timekeeping and scheduling. As part of the initiative, Protiviti provided implementation support, controls enhancement and risk management services, including:
- Participating as a steering committee member to oversee key aspects of the initiative
- Providing Oracle Cloud configurable control enhancing recommendations and key design considerations
- Providing Oracle Cloud security and segregation-of-duties (SOD) design and configuration recommendations
- Evaluating test plans, providing enhancement considerations and validating results
- Evaluating data conversion strategies and providing recommendations to ensure that they are complete and accurate
- Assisting in optimisation of control-enhancing features of Oracle Cloud