Tim is a director with a track record of developing and implementing strategic plans that align with the demands and gaps of global and local enterprises. Before joining Protiviti, Tim was a regional CISO responsible for APAC within a large recruitment company with core responsibility for developing the global and regional cyber strategy that addressed their global vision and local requirements. With over 15 years of working in IT and cybersecurity, Tim is well-versed in all aspects of information security, risk management, compliance, and data governance.
Major projects and accomplishments
- Consulting firm, Brisbane lead for IDM and manage and run: Tim was responsible for setting and driving IT, technology strategy, and architectural direction for the cyber team. He worked with clients to solve complex problems and strategically consult for cyber intelligence, offering a fully customisable suite of cyber solutions and managed services with a commitment to technological innovation and broad industry expertise.
- Director of an IT and telecommunications firm, The Netherlands: Tim developed a strategic 5+ year roadmap to realign the company focus to the current market demand, redirecting the business from an infrastructure and telecommunications supplier to a services and solutions provider. He also led the creation of new specialist software in-house, improving the new sales pipeline after two years of targeting strategic clients and having proven delivery of quality and cost-efficient work.
Areas of expertise
- IT security
- Risk and compliance
- Cyber strategy
- Financial services
- Bachelor of international business management
- Bachelor of IT technology management
Professional memberships and certifications
- Certified information systems security professional (CISSP)
- ITIL foundational level
- Prince2 practitioner