Rupesh is a senior director specialising in strategy, technology assessment and enabled execution, digital transformation, cloud migration, and application of emerging technology to business demands. He successfully leads interactions with CXO, focusing on increasing operational efficiencies, growth, and cost reduction.
- IT Transformation: NPP program for a leading Bank in Australia - Rupesh was a part of high performance team which was setup to re-design payments ecosystem in the Bank. He was responsible for channel unification (Mobile/ Online/ Staff-assisted) with NPP objectives and align SWIFT MT payments messages with ISO 20022.
- Redesign of Fraud and Compliance for leading Global Bank - Reorganised Risk Monitoring team and re-designed 14 monitoring processes, resulting in fraud avoidance of $18M. Established AML/KYC team and processes to right-size controls and minimise cost, aligned to organisation Risk policy.
- Automate International Fund Transfer Processing (STP, FRAUD, Sanction, and Static Data) for Global Bank, Australia and NY, USA. - Rupesh was engaged to provide insight into approaches to streamline their International Fund Transfer (IFTI) capability using their current payment processing hub (MTS). Rupesh was responsible to define routing rules, STP business rules for bank’s SWIFT GATEWAY. He led E2E review of SWIFT messaging hub to minimise repair and manual operation. Also improvised their Sanction and Screening process to reduce bucket size by 20%. He was also responsible to define SWIFT Framework to support effective and correct regulatory reporting mandated for IFTI processing.
- Design and automation of business processes for large Government Agency - Identified and designed business processes (Current state and future state) including documentation of current and future products and distribution channels for large government client by uniting customer centric design thinking. Also automated the back-office reporting function between agencies using Robots (RPA).
- Australian Retail Bank, Mortgage Transformation Program - Supported detailed role re-design and the development of more efficient processes and workflows for a new mortgage business model Changes made resulted in: 50% reduction in FTE; Reduction in handoff by almost 80%; and from a customer's perspective, reduced variability in experience and shorter cycle times.
- Portfolio Review for a Large Bank – Delivered a succinct and focused review of the portfolio of existing and planned (funded) projects within Bank and presented detailed options (Stop, Prioritise up, Prioritise down) to senior executives and program directors. Prepared business case for programs of work.
- Reporting & Dashboard Implementation- Based on-site (Singapore) for 8 months to assist the client (Standard Chartered) with preparation, review and execution of a comprehensive dashboard for the new Performance/Risk Measurement Information reports built for its Wholesale Banking division using OBIEE 10g.
- Digital Strategy and business case development
- Designed and executed digital strategy for large government agency operating in a highly sensitive and topical Industry with media sensitivities.
- Developed growth strategy for WA electrical distributor determining new sources of revenue in preparation of seeking investment of ~ AUD 4 billion.
- Back-office process improvement for large Government Agency in NSW - Effectively reduced costs by 30% and increased efficiency by 35% through effective business operations transformation. Implemented Finance for Office 365(Microsoft) by automating billing and invoicing process.
- IT architecture, Requirement specification and Program management roles performed for multiple clients
- Performed feasibility assessment on client’s core ERP systems (used across five products groups) and how business can leverage new technologies such as Cloud, Mobility, Big Data and RPA to streamline line their business and make their IT systems more agile.
Areas of Expertise
- Management Consulting (Digital Transformation Advisory)
- Growth, Cost reduction and Execution focused
- CXO Driven initiatives and Roadmap
- Emerging Technologies (IoT, Digital SCM, AI, RPA)
- Business improvement and Automation
- Solution Architecture & Design
- System Integration
- Financial Services Consulting (Payments, AML and Reconciliations
- Energy, Utilities and Mining
- Telecommunications and Media
- Fintech and Technology
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Master of Business Administration (Finance and IT Systems)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science)
- Blueworks Live IBM certified Business Process Manager
- Blackline (Cloud) Certified – Implementation specialist
- IIBA Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP), Certified Agile Business Analyst (CABA), Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner