Mark is a managing director and Protiviti’s risk and compliance solution lead. With over 17 years of risk and regulatory compliance experience in the financial services industry, he has a proven track record delivering deep insights for his clients.
Mark has spent a significant time in professional services consulting to leading financial services organisations both locally and internationally. Mark has a proven track record delivering deep insights to his clients through leading the design and delivery of contemporary risk management, regulatory compliance and capital management framework solutions.
- Compliance remediation programs: Mark has led many large-scale compliance remediation projects with major and leading Australian banks including the design and delivery of the target state solution and supporting transformation plans.
- Risk and Compliance operating model transformation program management: Mark has led multiple client engagements to assist design and develop transformation programs that aim to uplift the risk management framework including implementing an effective three lines of defence operating models to support effective risk and compliance management outcomes.
- Chief Risk Officer: Mark has on several occasions been seconded as Chief Risk Officer/Head of Risk to clients for the purpose of leading the day-to-day oversight and execution of risk management and regulatory compliance frameworks. Responsibilities included leading the delivery of board and executive engagement and reporting, line 1 stakeholder engagement and leading management and implementation effort that pertains to a line 2 risk management function.
- CPS 220 Risk Management solutions: Mark has led over 35 client engagements assisting in the design, implementation, or independent review of client’s Risk Management Frameworks in accordance with APRA CPS 220 Risk Management requirements (including annual and comprehensive review requirements).
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) system implementation: Mark has led programme delivery of a regional enterprise risk management solution to a leading global bank. The Programme scope covered the design, piloting and implementation of Risk Control Framework operating model and ERM technology solution across the Australian and New Zealand region. The project delivered an integrated risk and compliance management way of working across the 3 lines of defence including the testing and implementation of technology solution to enable effective implementation.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Risk management
- Regulatory compliance
- Asset Management
- Bachelor of Business Degree (Banking & Finance), Monash University
- Honours Degree in the Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance), Monash University