Jane is a Director at Protiviti with over 11 years’ experience in professional services. She has broad expertise across first, second and third lines of defence of risk management in financial services, government, and corporate organisations. Her experience extends to risk transformation, change management and remediation.
Major Projects and Accomplishments
- Technology risk, compliance, and assurance - Jane led a technology first line risk function in a large insurance organisation to transform their service model and uplift their services and capability.
- Transformation risk lead - Jane led a risk transformation project at a financial services client to redesign the identification, documentation, escalation, and management of risks to impact their customers and improve employee work experience positively.
- Non-financial risk management - Jane has worked closely with a major bank to implement APRA’s recommendations to establish a non-financial risk governance structure, policies and procedures and uplift activities, including reporting requirements, scope, and escalation criteria to ensure all non-financial risks have coverage aligned with the significance of the risk type.
- Enterprise risk management framework assessment and improvement - Jane assisted a government health provider in assessing the effectiveness and maturity of their enterprise risk management framework to transform to the level desired by the Board of directors. A roadmap of actions was developed for the executive leadership team to transform the enterprise risk management function, which improved the overall risk management process and the quality of patient care.
- Supplier risk management governance - Designed and developed supplier risk management governance for a large Australian bank. The governance included the development of policy, standards, guidelines, and controls. The policy scope extends to the group across multiple jurisdictions, and the supporting documents apply to local jurisdictions.
- Technology risk management - Jane led the project to assess risks of technology applications owned and managed by shadow IT teams at a major Australian bank. The project delivered an overview of high-risk applications requiring remediation with detailed action plans to address identified gaps in the short term and strategic solutions in the mid to long term.
Areas of Expertise
- Risk management
- Financial services
- Bachelor of Financial Management
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Risk Management Association (RMA) Member