Andrew is a managing director with over 15 years’ leading professional teams to deliver internal audit, project assurance, business processes and technology risk projects for our major Queensland Government and ASX-listed clients. He brings broad experience across multiple industries, including energy and utilities, financial services, government, and the corporate sector. He is an active member of the Institute of Internal Auditors in Australia.
Major projects and accomplishments
- Internal audit leadership for several Queensland government departments – Andrew leads the outsourced and co-sourced internal audit services for several Queensland government departments, government-owned corporations, and statutory bodies. This includes regular engagement with senior executives, the board, and the audit committee to advise on our internal audit activities covering significant projects, financial controls, corporate processes, information security and risk management.
- Public company readiness for a global mining organisation – To support the organisation in transitioning to an SEC-regulated public company, Andrew worked closely with the Group CFO to lead a financial and technology control diagnostic across operating assets in Australia and the United States to evaluate all critical business processes and IT systems. This delivered a short and long-term roadmap to improve governance and risk management and remediate internal controls. After this, Andrew designed and delivered an ongoing controls assurance programme.
- Technology assurance for a Queensland-based banking organisation – Andrew leads the Protiviti team in delivering technology risk assurance services for a Queensland-based Bank. Andrew leads the team in conducting an annual programme of internal control design and operating effectiveness assessments across critical systems and deep-dive reviews of compliance obligations under relevant APRA prudential standards, internal policies and procedures and industry practices.
- ERP implementation and risk management for a global resources organisation – Andrew provided technology assurance, risk management, business process and financial control design within the global ERP implementation. Working within the Technology function, Andrew led multiple work streams related to risk management, business process improvement, segregation of duties, financial controls, IT security and compliance.
- Project assurance across several Queensland government organisations – Delivered a series of project assurance reviews to assess whether all pre-implementation activities have been completed. The scope included assessing the change management of key business processes, staff capability, training and awareness, data cleansing and migration, management of legacy system interfaces, project risk management and changes to the internal control environment.
Areas of expertise
- Internal audit
- Technology risk
- Project assurance
- Energy and utilities
Professional memberships and certifications
- Member of the Institute of Internal Audits, Queensland Council
- Member of the Governance Institute of Australia
- Prince2 Practitioner
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
- LUMA Design-Thinking Practitioner
- Bachelor of Business