This Privacy Notice describes how Protiviti Pty Limited ABN 27 108 473 909 (“We’, “we”, or “Protiviti”) may collect, hold, use and disclose or handle in any way Personal Information that we may collect about individuals online and offline through various channels, including if you register with us through this website, third party social networks and from other sources such as when you register for our online webinars. Please note that we might aggregate personal data from different sources (website, offline event). As part of this, we combine Personal Data that were originally collected by our international group of companies operating globally. You can refer to Section 6 to find out how to request access to the information we hold about you.
Where we are required to do so under applicable law, we will obtain your notified consent on or before collecting your Personal Information. If you decline to provide the requisite Personal Information (we will indicate to you when this is the case, for example, by making this information clear at the time of collection), we may not be able to process your inquiry or other requests or we may be unable to tailor the content of the information in the way you want or to tailor the content of the Site to your preference and experiences.
This Privacy Notice informs you how we protect your Personal Information and informs you about your privacy rights.
It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any other Collection Notice we may provide and on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your Personal Information so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice supplements other Notices you may receive from us and is not intended to override them.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
If you have any questions about how we use your Personal Information, contact us at: [email protected].
1. Your Personal Information and how we collect it
Use of or registering with this Website
When you use or register with this website, such as searching for information or applying for a job, we may ask for certain Personal Information including your name and contact information (email, home address and phone number). Depending on the nature of your enquiry or activities on our website, we may also ask for and/or collect:
- your job search criteria, salary expectations and preferences;
- job title, company name, company location, industry sector, employment history, employment experience, educational history, skills, and salary;
- information about your professional interests through white papers or newsletters you request, as well as professional interests that you describe to us;
- other background information together with any login ID and password created by you;
- information you provide including in emails, letters or during telephone calls
- technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see our Cookies Notice for further details;
- profile data including your interests, preferences, feedback and customer survey responses;
- usage data including information about how you use our website and services;
- marketing and communications data including your marketing and communication preferences.
In relation to a job applicant the Personal Information and information set out above provides us with an explanation of a job applicant’s past work experience, including details of any gaps or periods of unemployment and academic background, and may be used to obtain references. We may ask you to provide original, documentation in paper format, including proof of identity, evidence of immigration status and qualifications and we may verify some or all of the information you provide in relation to your application for a job. We may ask you to consent to a criminal convictions background check and/or a credit reference check, where this is a requirement for the job. We may use a third party to perform background screening and verification services and we will inform you at the time.
If you provide us with information about 3rd parties, we will assume that the 3rd party in question has given you permission to do so and to Protiviti collecting, processing and transferring their Personal Information to the same extent as yours.
Our Clients and Suppliers
If you are a Client or supplier of goods and services we will collect and process information about individuals in your organisation to enable us to communicate with them and to provide our services or receive goods and services. We may also find the details of corporate contacts published on other websites and social media. We may enter the individual’s name and business contact email address into our database as a designated corporate point of contact for that client or supplier together with the individual’s other business contact data. Usually the only Personal Information we process is the individual’s name and business contact email address for the purposes of contacting that client or supplier in relation to our services or as a recipient of the client or suppliers goods and services. The source of a corporate point of contact may be the individual themselves, or their name and business details may be provided to us by a member of their HR or Procurement department or another manager within the organisation. We may send business to business email marketing to corporate points of contact. An individual corporate point of contact can ask us at any time to stop sending business marketing emails to their business email address by visiting our Preference Centre or by contacting: [email protected].
2. How we use your Personal Information
We use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information and other data we collect for the purposes of performing the services requested and functionalities offered by the site.
We use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information and other data we collect when you apply for a job at Protiviti (including emails, letters and during telephone calls and conversations) for the purposes described in this Notice and your potential employment relationship including: (a) processing and updating your Personal Information through the use of our HR online systems, learning platforms, performance management, payroll and pensions systems; (b) business planning, reporting and forecasting; (c) safety and security issues; (d) responding to your enquiries and complaints; and (e) to fulfil legal and statutory obligations.
We will also use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information for other legitimate business purposes such as producing statistics, analysing how successful our marketing campaigns are, the number of visitors to our website and complying with other contractual, legal and regulatory obligations and duties.
Currently we do not use automated decision making technologies to make final or conclusive decisions about you and a member of our staff will always be involved in the provision of working finding services.
Change of Purpose
We will only use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collected it (e.g. the provision of work finding services if you are an Associate or to consider you for employment if you are a job applicant), unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is related to the original purpose.
If we need to use, process, store and/or disclose your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and seek your consent, if required by applicable laws.
We may use, process, store and/or disclose your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Protiviti is part of an international group of companies operating globally. We may share some of your Personal Information with our group companies, including Robert Half Australia Pty Limited an Australia based recruitment company, our parent company Protiviti Inc and our ultimate parent company Robert Half International Inc., based in the United States, and other group companies outside Australia, who may use and process your Personal Information for the purposes as described in this Privacy Notice. The data protection laws outside Australia may not provide an equivalent level of protection to those in Australia and in these circumstances we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected, secure, kept confidential and that we have a lawful basis for the transfer.
Disclosing your Personal Information to 3rd Parties
To the extent necessary or appropriate, Protiviti may disclose your Personal Information to external 3rd Parties (who are not members of the Robert Half group of companies and who may be located overseas) in the following circumstances:
- to companies and individuals we employ to perform business functions and services on our behalf. Examples of service providers include: providing payroll services to enable us to pay our employees and temporary workers who work on client premises; background screening and verification services; data storage facilities including in the US and the Cloud; hosting our Web servers; analysing data and producing statistics and legal, accounting, audit and other professional services.
- to government agencies if required by applicable laws or regulations.
- to comply with applicable laws, the service of legal process, or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law requiring such disclosure; (b) protect the rights or property of Protiviti or its group companies; (c) prevent a crime, protect national security or for fraud detection or prevention; or (d) protect the personal safety of individuals using our website or members of the public.
- to 3rd parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, we will let you know.
- to IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our IT systems, service providers who we may appoint as data processors and to other service providers who may be based in the United States and Australia.
Where applicable, we will impose appropriate contractual, security, confidentiality and other obligations on to 3rd party service providers and processors we have appointed, based on the nature of the services they provide to us. We will only permit them to process your Personal Information in accordance with the law and our instructions. We do not allow them to use your Personal information for their own purposes and when our relationship ends we will ensure your Personal Information is securely returned or destroyed.
4. Keeping your Personal Information Secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to do so.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Information breaches and we will notify you and the applicable supervisory authority of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
5. How long we retain your Personal Information
Protiviti will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes that we collected it for, including for example making a job application to Protiviti or requesting Protiviti to provide work finding services. This means we will keep your Personal Information throughout the period of your relationship with us and whilst we are providing you with work finding services. Please note that we may keep your Personal Information much longer if it is required by laws or to perform its duties.
6. Your Legal Rights
You have the right to:
Make a Data Subject Access Request to access your Personal Information at any time. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you.
Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
These rights cam be exercised by sending an email to [email protected].
7. Additional information, Response Times and Fees
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights or when you make an informal request). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person other than the individual who has the right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help us locate your data and to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days. It may take us longer than 30 days if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We may charge a reasonable fee to exercise any of these rights where permissible under applicable laws. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We will seek your consent before sending direct marketing communications via email or text message.
With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our services. If you are a job applicant we will provide you with relevant job opportunities. From time to time we may contact you for market research and quality surveys, including evaluating the effectiveness of our recruitment process. You may receive marketing communications from us if you provided us with your details when you submitted a website form, interacted with us online, entered a competition or registered with us at a job fair, promotional or networking event or attended a training course and you have given us consent to send you marketing. We may also use your identity, contact details, technical data, usage data and profile data to form a view and decide which services may of interest or relevant for you.
We have established an email preference centre where you can view and make decisions about your email marketing preferences and opt out of receiving email marketing from us at any time.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by:
- following the opt out links contained in our marketing email messages;
- following the opt out process described in our text marketing messages;
- Sending an email with “UNSUBSCRIBE ME” in the subject field to: [email protected].
Opting out of receiving marketing messages does not apply to:
- Personal Information that you have provided to us as a result of your request for work finding services;
- Personal Information that you have provided to us in connection with a job application;
- Personal Information that you have provided to us in connection with the performance of a contract between us;
- Job alerts sent to you through the website in response to your request to receive specific job details. You can select your preferences in the Job Search section and you can stop receiving these alerts at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the job alert email; and
- Job alert emails which you will receive from our consultants which match your job search criteria confirmed with you during our Associate Registration process.
We will never sell or disclose your Personal Information to any 3rd parties to use for marketing.
10. Links to other websites
Our website may include links to 3rd party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these 3rd party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. Before disclosing your Personal Information on any other website you may wish to examine the Privacy Notice of the operators of those websites.
11.Feedback and Complaints
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, if you wish to make a complaint about Protiviti's collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, please contact [email protected] or by sending a letter to the Privacy Officer, Protiviti Pty Ltd, Level 24, No. 1 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia.
Protiviti will consider and respond to questions and complaints within a reasonable time frame in writing. If our response to your complaint does not address your concerns to your satisfaction, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC), whose website is located at www.oaic.gov.au.
12.Changes to this Privacy Notice
If we change this Privacy Notice we will post any updates here for your review. If we change material terms we will provide notice of the revised Privacy Notice for 30 days on our home page at www.protiviti.com/AU-en.
This Privacy Notice was last updated: May, 2022.