Collections and Uses of Personal Information
When you use or register with the Site, we may collect Personal Information in a variety of situations including when an individual:
a) logs into, registers, or visits the Site;
b) makes an enquiry or request in relation to Protiviti activities or services;
c) completes a form to register to receive newsletters or information; or
d) otherwise submits Personal Information.
The categories of Personal Information we may collect includes your name, date of birth, gender, your job title, your company's name and industry sector, your company's location (country, state and zip code), your contact information (email and phone number) and any other Personal Information that you submit. If you contact Protiviti, Protiviti may also keep a record of that contact. Depending on the nature of your inquiry or activities on the Site, we may also obtain information about your professional interests through white papers or newsletters you request, as well as professional interests that you specifically describe to us. Providing Personal Information is necessary for performance of the services and functionalities offered by the Site. If you decline to provide the requisite Personal Information, we may not be able to process your inquiry or other requests or we may be unable to tailor the content of the information in the way you want or to tailor the content of the Site to your preference and experiences. The provision of the above mentioned personal data in this paragraph is voluntary by you.
The Site also utilizes cookies to track your online activities, including your registration, submissions, and information requests, in accordance with applicable law. Cookies are files / pieces of information placed on your computer by a website server. Cookies on this Site do not in and of themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user's browser. Protiviti tracks your online activities and may link that information with Personal Information you have provided us through online registration. Your web browser may be set to accept cookies automatically, but can be changed to decline them. The Help section of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to set your browser to prevent accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you decline to accept cookies, then when and if you choose to download materials from the Site, you may be required to register each time you download materials from the Site.
Personal Information and other data collected through the Site we collect may be held, used and disclosed for the following purposes:
a) facilitating the provision of information or services you have requested (ie. to register you with the Site);
b) contacting you and providing customer service;
c) developing and improving our services and activities;
d) administration purposes;
e) as required or authorised by law or a court or tribunal;
f) to comply with industry standards and our policies; and
g) any other purpose communicated to you at or around the time we collect your Personal Information.
We may also from time to time use your Personal Information to send you automated email messages or marketing materials regarding our services. These communications may be sent in various forms including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. These email messages may contain web beacons and other features that help us make sure that you received and were able to open the message. You may opt out of receiving such marketing email messages at any time by sending a message with "unsubscribe" in the subject line to [email protected], or by following the instructions in any marketing communication.
We take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information that we hold from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Disclosures of Personal Information
- We may disclose Personal Information to our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors, affiliates in your local jurisdiction or other locations as necessary or appropriate to provide the service you request, to contact you in connection with service offerings, or for other legitimate business purposes;
- We may disclose information to business partners, suppliers, service providers, our professional advisors and individuals we employ to perform business functions and services on our behalf. Such functions may include without limitation hosting our web servers, IT systems administrators, analyzing data, providing legal, accounting and marketing services, and providing other support services. All such parties will be under obligation to maintain the security and confidentiality of the Personal Information, and to process the data in accordance with our instructions; or
- We may disclose Personal Information to the extent required or permitted by any law, as necessary or appropriate to government agencies, advisors, and other third parties in order to comply with applicable laws, or if such action is necessary to protect the rights or property of Protiviti or its affiliated companies; or
- Any other third parties notified to you at or around the time we collect your Personal Information.
- We may disclose Personal Information outside of the jurisdiction from which it was collected and by providing us with your Personal Information you consent to us disclosing your Personal information to entities located outside of the jurisdiction. If required under applicable laws, we will take appropriate safeguards to ensure that your Personal Information remains protected and secure when transferred outside of the jurisdiction.
Collection and Use of Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, market our services to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads regarding our services when you access and use other websites, based on information relating to your use of the Site. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). By utilizing the Site, you consent to the use of cookie or other tracking technologies to serve you retargeted advertising.
Third Party Services
Personal Data Security and Confidentiality
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Protiviti will consider and respond to questions and complaints within a reasonable time frame in writing. If our response to your complaint does not address your concerns to your satisfaction, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC), whose website is located at www.oaic.gov.au.
Personal Data Access and Correction
Revisions to the Policy
This Policy is effective as May 9, 2019. If you have any questions about our website privacy policies, please contact us at:
Attn: Legal Department
Protiviti Pte Ltd, Level 24, No. 1 Martin Place
Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia