Mark has over 17 years of risk and regulatory compliance experience in financial services industry. Mark commenced his career as a regulatory supervisor at APRA where he gained invaluable experience in overseeing the ongoing prudential compliance with relevant Prudential Standards and conducting onsite risk management supervisory inspections at APRA regulated institutions.
Mark has spent a significant time in professional services consulting to leading financial services organisations both locally and internationally. Mark has a proven track record delivering deep insights to his clients through leading the design and delivery of contemporary risk management, regulatory compliance and capital management framework solutions.
- On several occasions, Mark has been seconded as Chief Risk Officer/Head of Risk to clients for the purpose of leading the day-to-day oversight and management of risk management and regulatory compliance frameworks. This includes leading the delivery of board and executive engagement and reporting, line 1 stakeholder engagement and leading management and implementation efforts that pertains to a line 2 risk management function.
- Led over 35 client engagements in the past 3 years assisting in the design, implementation or independent review of client’s Risk Management Frameworks in accordance with regulatory driven risk management compliance requirements (including annual and comprehensive review requirements).
- Led programme delivery of a regional enterprise risk management solution to a leading global bank. The Programme scope covered the design, piloting and implementation of Risk Control Framework operating model and ERM technology solution across the Australian and New Zealand region. The project delivered an integrated risk and compliance management way of working across the 3 lines of defence including the testing and implementation of technology solutions to enable effective implementation.
- Led many compliance remediation projects to assist clients design and implement solutions in response to regulatory notices of non-compliance. Mark has managed Board and Senior Management stakeholder groups, facilitated and advised clients in regulator response strategy and engagement style, including oversight and managing delivery of projects to address areas of non-compliance.
- Led programme work streams for international and major Australian banks to design and develop scenario analysis and stress testing processes to estimate worst-case extreme loss estimates for risk management and capital management purposes. The work streams delivered stress test taxonomies, piloted stress testing process as proof of concern and development of prototype models to estimate stress test outcomes.
- Led ICAAP progress engagements involving review in accordance with relevant APRA prudential standards, solution design and development for leading international banks and local major banks.
- Bachelor of Business Degree (Banking & Finance)
- Honours Degree in the Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance)
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Risk Management Association of Australia