Darren has over 14 years of experience working in internal audit, IT internal audit, risk, business and technology consulting and is a qualified Internal Auditor, IT Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, and previously a PCI DSS Qualified Security Assessor (QSA). Darren leads Protiviti’s Melbourne IT Internal Audit practice and Australian Data Analytics solution. Darren has a board range of experience across the government, technology, consumer products and technology sectors in both Australia and the UK, specialising in IT solutions.
- Leads the delivery of IT Internal Audit services to Victorian State government agencies, including reviews of cyber security, Information Security Manual, Victorian Protective Data Security Standards, IT Governance, pre and post implementation reviews.
- Leads the delivery of data analytics to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of processes and controls related to General Ledger, Payroll, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Grants Management, Fixed Assets, Expenses, Revenue Assurance and Accounts Receivable.
- Masters of Engineering (Engineering, Manufacture and Management)
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Professional Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (PMIIA Australia)
- Advanced Diploma in Internal Auditing and Management (IIA UK equivalent of Certified Internal Auditor)
- Internal Audit Quality Assessment Reviewer (QAR IIA Australia)
- Qualification in Computer Auditing (IIA UK)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA-ISACA)
- Previously Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) for PCI DSS (May 2010- May 2016)