Anthony has more than 25 years’ experience in fraud and corruption risk management, forensic investigations, project management and strategy development for organisations ranging from government to multinational corporates across Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. He was a former ‘Big 4’ Forensic practitioner and an Executive Director of a boutique Forensic Services practice.
Anthony was a member of the Victoria Police Force (received the Victoria Police Ethical Services Medal), investigating major crimes including fraud and corruption. Anthony has been involved and also managed a range of highly complex investigations into corporate fraud and illegal conduct within government departments, corporates and the banking sector within Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Anthony holds advanced training qualifications in interview techniques and is skilled in the detection of deception by interview. Anthony’s most significant international engagement was the leadership of key teams to deliver a data analytic and investigative response to the Rio Tinto Group Corruption event in China between 2009 and 2010.
- Leading Gas Resources Company: Anthony was engaged by one of Australia’s leading Gas resources providers to conduct a number of forensic reviews of potential improper practices in various LNG locations regarding a large national gas pipeline project. The review identified a number of changes to process and procedure and enhanced the relationship with sub-contractors and suppliers. It also identified a number of unethical behaviours and non-conforming practices. Further, a review of senior management was conducted regarding alleged inappropriate arm’s length transactions and relationships. As a consequence of the reviews a number of senior management personnel were terminated for inappropriate conduct.
- Large Financial Services Provider: Anthony was engaged by a large financial services provider to undertake an off-shore due diligence review of their client to establish compliance with AML-CTF transactions prior to a multi million dollar lending arrangement. The due diligence required an extensive investigation into the entity’s on and off shore financial arrangements including directorships and third party transactions. Our review identified that lending arrangements would be compromised due to a substantial tax haven arrangement the entity held in Guernsey. The financial institution took a reduced lending position secured by Australian properties that saved millions in potential off-shore lending with no avenue for restitution.
- Communications Company: Anthony was engaged to review a series of questionable payments for a Satellite company over a two-year period. The large payments were made by the company to a third party part-owned by the CEO and a host of other past and present board members and company advisers. The review identified lax IT security and payment processes including a complete lack of control on expenses, in particular travel. The payments were made via questionable loans to the CEO and others and as a consequence the company was investigated by one of its US customers alleging a $10 million fraud.
Areas of Expertise
- Fraud and Corruption Risk Management
- Forensic Investigation
- Cyber Security
- Workplace Misconduct
- Risk Consulting & Compliance
- Construction & Engineering
- Transport & Logistics
- Financial Services
- Telecommunications & Media
- Masters of E Forensics & Enterprise Security (Melbourne University)
- Graduate Certificate – E Crime (Melbourne University)
- Diploma of Risk Management
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) of the ACFE
- Scientific Content Analysis (SCAN) Interview Techniques