Alex is a managing director and the cloud solution lead for Australia. He is an accomplished and trusted technology professional with a strong track record in building enterprise cloud solutions, technology strategies and architectures and leading large-scale transformation programs.
His broad background spans superannuation, banking and insurance, utilities (energy, gas, and water), media and telecommunications, supply chain industries and the public sector, where he has undertaken several senior leadership positions as a director and organisational change leader.
Within the enterprise cloud and technology consulting practice, Alex is responsible for taking Protiviti cloud and technology services and products to market in Australia and growing the global cloud transformation capability.
Major Projects and Accomplishments
- Large Australian university (higher education) – Led an infrastructure modernisation strategy, architecture and investment planning project for the CIO and head of infrastructure and cloud services. As part of a 3-month engagement with a team of consultants and in consultation with the University IT team, research schools, and academic staff, an infrastructure strategy and architecture was developed to modernise DCs, VC, end-user computing, network and teaching and learning infrastructure. The outcome was an effective investment plan and transformation blueprint endorsed by the University Council.
- Global supply chain and logistics operator – Led several strategic planning initiatives to modernise global infrastructure, consolidate 19 global DCs and transform network and end-user computing services. The outcome was an infrastructure modernisation strategy, transformation blueprint and business case.
- Global supply chain and logistics operator – Large-scale cloud solution implementation for a telematics platform for real-time tracking of global contract logistics and metro fleet, including data ingestion across 13 telematics data sources and analytics reporting, all built on AWS infrastructure.
- Australia’s leading technology and media business – Technology strategy, transformation blueprint and roadmap
- Whole of Victorian Government architecture – Design and development of a whole Victorian Government enterprise architecture blueprint, socialisation with more than 15 government agencies and endorsement of the architecture and strategy.
- Australia’s leading telecommunication provider – Technology strategy, transformation blueprint and roadmap
- Global insurance operator – APAC customer claims digitisation strategy, modernisation blueprint, architecture, roadmap and investment plan
- Global wealth manager and APRA – Technology systems, information security and 3rd party audit and risk review in preparation for superannuation fund launch in the Australian market (6-month engagement)
Areas of Expertise
- Cloud strategy, investment, and migration planning
- Cloud transformation
- Digital and technology-led transformation
- Technology strategy
- Enterprise and solution architecture
- Technology sourcing advisory
- Technology risk reviews
- Technology maturity assessment
- Operating model design
- Technology M&A
- Digital assets and blockchain
- Financial services
- Supply chain logistics
- Public sector
- Consumer business
- Higher education
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems
- Bachelor’s degree in finance
- TOGAF certified architect
- Microsoft and AWS certifications