Ann Chi Koh
Ann Chi is a managing director who leads the internal audit and financial advisory services solution. She has a proven track record managing and leading multi-location and multi-year consultancy projects at top tiered global MNCs, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
Ann is a well seasoned professional with proven track record in managing and leading multi-location and multi-year consultancy projects at top-tiered global MNCs, particularly in the Asia Pacific region and Singapore listed entities. She is also deeply experienced in implementation and project management of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance projects for various US and Japanese clients. She has also undertaken enterprise risk management engagements and completed various special ant-corruption investigation projects. Due to the wide exposure to the various operations and processes, Ann has a solid background and understanding of both financial and IT controls and objectives allowing strong risk and control prioritisation skill sets, as well as ability to recommend automation of controls in various accounting systems.
- Internal Audit & Control Review: Ann managed the internal audit and control reviews of Multi-Billion Dollar United States listed MNCs with various industry segments to ensure the key processes and controls are designed and operating effectively across a wide spectrum of areas and activities in various locations in Asia Pacific and United States. This involves formulation and development of annual and on-going internal audit plans for companies. She is responsible to lead and supervise the timely and successful completion of internal audit projects and the deliverables that include the identification of compliance issues, control improvement opportunities as well as red flags for fraudulent activities or transactions.
- Sarbanes-Oxley Consulting: Lead the assessment of internal controls in the areas of process documentation, design evaluation and operational testing in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (US) for major manufacturing companies based in the USA with offices located around the world, particularly for Asia Pacific. A broad range of processes was included, which include inventory management & costing, treasury, procurement and payables, financial closing and reporting, revenue and receivables, human resources, ITGC and intangible assets. This includes developing Sarbanes Oxley 404 Compliance framework including policies and procedures, SOX risk assessment and scoping methodology, risk control matrices, process narratives, etc. She has also led and managed quarterly testing of key controls for SOX compliance and periodic discussions with external auditors.
- Fraud / FCPA Compliance Reviews: Ann led and managed multiple and concurrent compliance review and discreet investigative assignments in Asia Pacific, including China, Japan, Korea, Thailand and India, on suspected misconduct, including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) breaches as well as fraud in the distributor evaluation and procurement processes. The review also identified numerous key control breakdowns as well as communication issues between the local company, its regional HQ in Asia Pacific and the parent company based in United States. During these reviews, she assumes a key role in the interview and discussion with C-suite senior executives and management on suspected fraudulent activities and the best practices procedures to safeguard the interests of the whistle-blower.
- Quality Assurance Reviews: Provide Project Directorship and leads Fieldwork Delivery of various Quality Assessment Reviews and Internal Audit Maturity Assessment for various local listed companies. This requires “hand on” involvement from interviewing senior management and members of the audit committee, assessing the effectiveness of the internal audit function to meet the needs of stakeholders and degree of compliance with IIA Professional Standards, benchmarking to international practices for areas such as risk framework and planning methodologies, outsourcing and Consulting framework etc, coordinating file reviews and reporting findings to Chief Audit Executive and Audit Committees.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Internal Controls
- Fraud Investigation
- Quality Assurance Review
- Risk Management
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Industrial Product
- Consumer Products & Services
- Energy & Utilities
- Technology, Media & Communications
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Chartered Public Accountant (Non-Practising)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), IIA