Operational Excellence is a game-changer for solving many competitive challenges that companies face today. As a source of customer satisfaction and a driver of financial performance, it is a valuable competitive differentiator.
How do we achieve Operational Excellence?
Harness collaboration and creativity to identify and resolve operational challenges and provide enhanced services.
Leverage techniques and tools to reduce people, process, and technology friction.
Gather data and draw operational insights to make better informed decisions.
Potential benefits of Operational Excellence
Defining Operational Excellence
There is a common theme that persists across the wide variety of definitions and approaches to Operational Excellence, which includes a combined focus on People, Processes, and Technology.
Protiviti’s 9-box Operational Excellence approach overlays People, Process, and Technology verticals against (continuous) Improvement, Information, and Innovation. The result is a 3x3 grid that covers the core principles that make up Operational Excellence.
(Continuous) Improvement, Innovation, and Information
Protiviti applies a proven approach and toolkit to continuous process improvement.
Protiviti’s Operational Excellence Toolkit
- Process Excellence
- Process evaluation and modelling
- Process improvement solution design
- Process optimisation
- Intelligent process management and improvement
- Intelligent Automation
- Current state analysis and prioritisation
- Automation solution design (leveraging existing tools available)
- Automation build, testing and deployment
- Development of automated process documentation and support
- Visualisation of value and business case realisation
- Human Centred Design
- Application of Design Thinking to explore complex challenges and solutions
- Facilitation of collaborative remote or in-person workshops
- Development of solution roadmap to support operational improvement
- People and Capability Development
- Active skills transfer
- Training workshops
- Technical development training
- Non-technical upskilling (e.g., Business Analyst skills)
- Change Delivery
- Programme and project management of change implementation
- Agile adoption
- Change portfolio alignment
- Project Management Office (PMO) services
- Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Process mining
- Business intelligence dashboarding