Tjakko de Boer
Tjakko is Director in the Technology Consulting practice at Protiviti’s Amsterdam office. For over 20 years he assisted clients to leverage Digital solutions, improve performance, and manage operational risk and control. Key focus areas include Information Security & Privacy (GDPR), IT Governance and IT Audit services.
Prior to joining Protiviti, Tjakko was Director at ITegrity Risk Services and at Deloitte Risk Services with a similar focus. In addition to various audit and consulting projects, Tjakko also fulfilled interim management positions in Information Security & Privacy, Operational and IT Internal Audit, and Financial Controls Compliance. Tjakko has been on various working groups and committees of ISACA and NOREA, and was the technical writer of two NOREA publications on IT Control best practices.
- He has Guided several companies to achieve data privacy (GDPR) compliance and led multiple GDPR audits
- As a program manager he assisted a client with establishing a global outsourced Cyber Security Operations Centre
- He has helped companies implement IT risk management frameworks and processes and guiding clients towards ISAE 3402 assurance reports
- Executive Program in General Management, INSEAD
- Executive Master in IT Auditing, University of Amsterdam
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Delft University of Technology
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- CIA – Certified Internal Auditor (IIA)
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (ISC2)
- RE - Register EDP-auditor, Dutch institute of certified IT-auditors (NOREA)
- CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor (ISACA)