Marc joined Protiviti Amsterdam in September 2006, after finishing a 14 months fulltime International MBA at the Amsterdam School of Business, in the Netherlands. After joining Protiviti, Marc gained extensive experience in Finance/Process Optimization, Internal Audit, and Internal Control and (Fraud) Risk Management. Clients served range from multinational listed companies to small Dutch NGOs.
Recent Major Projects
- Head of Internal Control & Risk Management at Dutch retailer. Responsible for Risk & Control department including the SOx compliance project. Other responsibilities include responsible retailing, compliance, risk management reporting to the board, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Audit finding monitoring and advise, internal control at outsources services.
- RPA implementation partner selection project for a Dutch retailer.
- RPA set of CoE for a Dutch branch of an international multi-channel retail organization. Included implementation and development of POC for bots.
- Internal Control & Risk Management projects for digital department of a Dutch Airport. Designed control framework for Agile / Dev-Ops way of working.
- Financial & operational performance benchmark / audit for a Danish – American manufacturer. Included a severe improvement company based on global best practices identified.
- Fraud investigation audit at manufacturing company. Analysis of payment process and related Internal Control failures. Involved in implementation of reported recommendations.
- Internal Audit support for an international production company with a primary focus on Data Analytics in the PtP process.
- Internal Control & Risk Management project combined with finance process optimization at a US listed biotech company.
- Interim Compliance manager for International Apparel brand - DTC (Direct to Customer). Responsible for the set up of European control framework, perform FRRA and internal control advisor to the finance transformation program for online.
- Fraud risk management project at a Swiss based retailer. Quick scan analysis and implementation of recommendations on fraud risk management in their finance function.
- International MBA at the Amsterdam School of Business. Specialization: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE; in progress)
- Manufacturing, Industrial Products & Technology
- Retail & FMCG
- Footwear & Apparel
- Media & Communication
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
- Financial Services Industries
Areas of Expertise
- Finance process design & optimization
- RPA & Process Mining
- Internal Control & (Fraud) Risk Management (SOX/JSOX)
- Internal Audit
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Member of Amsterdam School of Business MBA Alumni network
- Member of the IIA