Carol is Protiviti's Global Consumer Products and Services Industry Lead. She is responsible for setting Protiviti’s strategy to provide industry specific solutions to our clients as they transform their business. Strategic areas of focus include e commerce, omnichannel, user/customer/employee experience, finance transformation, digital supply chain including inventory management /loss prevention, audit/SOX, security and privacy, cloud migration, data analytics, and sustainability.
Carol served as Protiviti's Metro New York Office Leader from 2015 2020 where she was responsible for P&L and revenue growth, leading over 500 people. Her responsibilities included hiring the right people; retention; and building relationships with our people and our clients to create a positive office culture.
Carol served as the ERP Solutions Consulting Practice Lead globally, from 2005 2015. Her responsibilities included setting strategy, hiring and retaining talent with specific functional, technical, audit and consulting skill sets, developin g internal training programmes, building alliance relationships with strategic partners, and enveloping repeatable methodologies.
Carol has over thirty five years of consulting experience helping clients mitigate their risks in a number of different technology and process areas. Carol continues to be a mentor for numerous people throughout her career. She is very passionate about retaining and promoting women in the workplace.
Carol has served numerous Global 1000, multi national clients in both technology consulting and IT audit. Her specific experience and responsibilities include:
- Managed several projects focused on ERP implementation risks including planning, solution design, data conversion, testing, control design (including automated and Segregation of Duties controls), IT governance, organisational change management and stabilisation. Areas of application focus include: SAP S/4 HANA, GRC Access Control/Process Control and Oracle.
- Managed large ERP implementation projects by working with System Integrator, Internal Audit, CFO organisation and CIO organisation focusing on designing appropriate Governance Models, system and manual controls within the business processes being implemented, segregation of duties and continuous monitoring solutions.
- Developed a number of Risk Management programmes for a variety of clients, including facilitating risk assessment workshops and developing action plans to help enterprises manage their high risks and incorporating those risks into the internal audit plan.
- Managed and delivered integrated audits, including assessing business and IT risks and controls, designing audit strategies, design of relevant internal controls that effectively mitigate risk, audit software development and managing fieldwork.
- Managed many SOX and JSOX Compliance projects including project management, documentation of processes and standards, identification and documentation of controls, test plan development, test plan execution, and remediation.
Areas of Expertise
- Governance, Risk, Compliance
- SAP SOD and Configuration
- IT Audit
- Project Risk Management
- Consumer Products & Retail
- Bachelor of Science – Accounting 1983, State University of NY - Oswego, Oswego NY
- Master of Science – Computer Science Management Information Systems 1987, Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Information System Audit and Controls
- Association (ISACA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- SAP Insider
- Project Management Institute
- SAP Services Partner