Scott Bolderson is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Business Performance Improvement practice, based in London. Scott joined the firm in 2004 with six colleagues to help launch the UK business, having previously worked at Deloitte and Arthur Andersen in their respective Risk Services divisions.
Scott’s clients over the last 18 years have predominantly been in the financial services sector (investment banking, retail banking, asset management, insurance, private banking) as well as commodity trading and brokers in the energy markets.
- Global Insurance and Asset Management – Supplier Assurance
- A global insurance company (UK HQ) was spending circa £500m on suppliers across their global operations. The 2nd Line function had raised concerns that, while the procurement function was managing the commercial relationships with suppliers, there was little or no consideration of the risk exposure to the organisation.
- Scott and his team were tasked with designing and implementing an operating model for effective risk management and assurance of the global supplier portfolio. Scott designed and implemented a framework that considered a broad range of operational risks but focused on areas with a high level of inherent risk, particularly Security and Privacy around data being processed by suppliers.
- Scott engaged with senior leadership team members including Global Head of Procurement, Head of Operational Risk and Internal Audit. Scott also engaged with the internal specialists, in particular the security operations team, to agree their on-going roles and responsibilities within the supplier assurance operating model.
- Scott and his team identified and implemented a global technology solution that allowed the client to perform inherent and residual risk self assessments through on-line technology with all suppliers.
- Financial Institution (G-SIB) – IT Risk Management framework – Design and Implementation
- A global systemically important bank (UK HQ) was experiencing poor risk awareness/culture and low levels of risk management effectiveness across its 1st Line IT operational teams supporting the Retail, Commercial and Private Banking businesses. The client took the decision to create a dedicated 1st Line risk function to support the operational teams and deliver against the objectives of the Operational Risk Framework.
- Scott and his team were responsible for working with the new Head of IT Risk to design and implement the global IT risk framework. We implemented the framework as four key components: Governance, Process & Control, Training & Capability and Technology.
- Global Insurance and Asset Management – IT Risk Management framework – Design
- A global insurance company (UK HQ) transformed its IT operations from separate business aligned functions to a global shared services operation. Scott and his team were responsible for transforming the clients first line IT risk function (previously six separate teams aligned with each business) into a single global team, operating within a standard IT risk framework.
- Over a six month period Scott and his team worked with the Group COO, Business Aligned CIO’s, Shared Services CIO, 2nd Line (Group Operational Risk), 3rd Line (Internal Audit) to design a framework that achieved the objectives of the Group Operational Risk Framework requirements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Digital Transformation
- IT Strategic Alignment
- IT Governance
- IT Operational Risk Management
- IT Portfolio and Programme Management
- Financial Services
- Asset Management
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- MEng (Hons) Computer Engineering and Management, Imperial College, London
Contact: +44.7972.143058 | [email protected]