Paul joined Protiviti in August 2018 and leads our capital markets business in London. Focused on 1st Line trading and risk management initiatives, Paul works closely with our global Solutions to shape advisory, transformation and remediation initiatives across investment banks, central banks, asset managers, hedge funds and market infrastructure utilities.
Prior to joining Protiviti, Paul was a partner at a specialist capital market partnership in London, focusing on delivering advisory, transformation and remediation initiatives at investment banks and asset managers. Prior to that, Paul led Sapient Global Markets’ business and technology consulting teams for capital markets across Europe, where he oversaw large-scale project deliveries across technology and consulting in London, Paris, Frankfurt and the Middle East.
Paul was COO for the European credit derivatives trading and CDO business at Barclays, and brings a deep understanding of traded products, structured products, front to back controls, trading infrastructure and reg tech / fintech solutions. He qualified as an ACA with PwC, where he delivered audit and business advisory services to banking and capital markets clients.
REPRESENTATIVE ENGAGEMENTS Trading middle office redesign:
- Paul recently led a project at global universal bank to redesign and implement the target operating model and target data model, assuring higher levels of data quality for front office, middle office and back office users. Paul also led the scoping, design, implementation and testing of exception management functionality and ETL tooling for trade data, to create a suite of real-time controls.
- Trading system implementation: Paul led a global project to implement Murex at a European investment bank, liaising with board members of the bank to create the optimal multi-year delivery model, to meet the bank’s strategic trading and risk management objectives.
- Trading risk and control assessments: Paul has designed and run risk a number of control assessments across capital market first line and second line functions. Such projects have led to follow on engagements to define middle office functions, as well as assessing the effectiveness of 3LOD models to meet business and regulatory imperatives, and regulatory compliance assessments.
AREAS OF SPECIALISM
- Trading and risk management
- Middle office & operations
- Risk and control
- Data lineage & data management
- Process and operating model transformation
- Remediation initiatives
- Business consulting and technology consulting project delivery & leadership
- Capital markets
- Asset management
- RegTech, SupTech
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Oxford University, MSt. History
- Sheffield University, BA. History
- ACA, Institute of Chartered Accountants, England & Wales