Lindsay leads our internal audit practise in the UK. He has almost 35 years of combined internal audit, financial controls and financial statement audit experience, serving a variety of companies, primarily in the financial services sector both in the UK and internationally. Lindsay leads our outsource and co-source internal audit, and financial controls services to a range of clients. In addition, he has performed External Quality Reviews of the internal audit functions of companies in the UK and Continental Europe.
Prior to joining Protiviti Lindsay was a Group Audit Business Partner at Deutsche Bank Group Internal Audit, responsible for the internal audit work on the Finance, Risk and Compliance functions globally, and the Global Banking business. During seven years at Deutsche Bank, Lindsay led several key change initiatives, including the design of its risk-based audit methodology and the design and successful implementation of the conduct risk framework for the firm’s UK retail businesses. Previously, Lindsay spent 21 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers, latterly as a partner focused on the financial services industry.
- Currently leads the outsourced internal audit functions of an number of UK-based financial services firms, receiving excellent feedback for the quality of work performed. Advises on the structuring and re-structuring of internal audit and other assurance activities for a range of companies.
- Leads financial control implementation and advisory assignments for companies in the UK and Continental Europe.
- Has led EQAs of the Internal Audit functions of several publicly listed, high profile UK and Continental European-based firms over the last two years, receiving excellent feedback on the quality of observations and recommendations raised.
- Global Financial Services Organisation: Led the design and successful implementation of the conduct risk framework for the firm’s UK retail businesses, with in excess of 2 million customers.
- Global Financial Services Organisation: Responsible for the design and implementation of a new audit methodology, including overseeing the retraining of approximately 400 staff, and liaison with senior management, key regulators and other stakeholders globally. Independent external assessment has confirmed that it is at the forefront of internal audit methodologies, covering all the Group’s key risks annually, and has achieved excellent feedback from all stakeholders, including its key regulators.
- Banking and Capital Markets - Led teams delivering a wide range of audit, operational risk and corporate governance services to a number of international commercial and investment banks, fund managers, structured investment vehicles, brokers and metal dealers.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit Services
- Sarbanes Oxley Implementation Solutions
- Financial Statement Audit & Change Professional
- Finance Transformation
- Financial Services
- Consumer Markets
- BA (Hons) Industrial Economics, University of Nottingham
Professional Certifications & Memberships
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors and Accredited to perform External Quality Assessment Reviews