Janet is a Managing Director in our financial services internal audit practice in the UK. She has over 30 years of internal audit, risk and controls experience and has held senior internal audit and operational roles at leading organisations across the financial services industry.
Janet’s previous experience includes leading internal audit outsourced and co-sourced services at professional services firms. She also led their quality assurance services which included external quality assessments, internal audit transformation, independent file reviews and training.
Janet has extensive internal audit experience gained from senior roles at leading global investment and retail banks. This includes Head of Methodology, Standards and Quality Assurance at a leading Tier 1 retail bank.
She has also held senior 1st line risk and control roles at two leading global investment banks.
Janet presents regularly on key topics and internal audit developments at client seminars and industry conferences. She is also a trustee of the Montessori St Nicholas charity.
- Provided co-sourced and outsourced internal audit services to many UK and global firms within the Banking and Capital Markets industry, including attendance at key governance forums and regulatory meetings.
- Led EQAs of the Internal Audit functions of high profile UK based and global firms. Client feedback was excellent in terms of pragmatism, proportionality, insights and ‘value add’.
- Led the Methodology, Standards and Quality Assurance function at a major tier 1 retail bank with over 300 auditors. Responsible for the design and implementation of cutting edge methodology, risk based quality assurance across the whole audit process and training.
- Worked with many internal audit functions to enhance their methodologies, reporting and practices as well as provide guidance on strategy and internal audit transformation.
- Provided controls assurance services to major Tier 1 banks across the 1st and 2nd lines of defence as well as assisting them with defining their target operating models and testing approach.
- Worked in the 1st LoD at two leading global investment banks, with responsibility for assessing risk and control adequacy, control design and implementation.
Areas of Expertise
Internal Audit Services
- BA (Hons) Business Studies City University, London
Professional Memberships & Certifications
Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales