Derek is a highly experienced Director working within our Business Performance Improvement practice. Throughout his 25+ year career he has worked with a wide variety of organisations where he has specialised in delivery of business solutions supporting innovation, operational redesign and business growth covering all aspects of people, process and technology related change and transformation.
Derek is delivery focused, highly experienced and pragmatic. He has extensive experience of working with executives, senior business managers and a wide range of technology suppliers to gain an understanding of business issues, business transformation and the strategic application of technology solutions.
- For a global software company, Derek worked with the UK executive team to lead a major business transformation activity to launch our client’s new UK business model. This involved developing a detailed Target Operating Model and business case as well as supporting our client over a period of two years to support the delivery of their vision. This included organisational redesign, cultural assessment, talent management, process design, service model design, client education & training, programme delivery and innovation.
- For a global insurer, Derek provided high level strategic input and advice throughout the development of a Target Operating Model to address the efficient management of inbound and outbound customer communication across the enterprise. The business solution focused on digitisation of both inbound and outbound documents at the boundary of the organisation. The solution incorporated design activity relating to enabling the business to increase its level of business agility in relation to how it communicates with its customer base while ensuring it remains compliant with relevant regulations. Additional aspects included external sourcing of capability and consolidation of a number of existing managed service solutions.
- For a UK retail bank, Derek lead a small team of SME change assurance experts to deliver embedded change assurance across a major strategic programme of change. This involved working directly with the CRO and COO with reporting directly to the main board on a regular basis. The change programme was focused around core banking systems replacement including mortgage origination and digital transformation.
- For major UK based logistics and distribution company, Derek led the current state assessment and redesign activity associated with centralisation and transformation of the finance function to deliver significant cost reductions and service level improvement. This included the use of process mining data analysis to gain insights into key aspects of the P2P process, focused activity around the Proof of Delivery process to recommend fundamental change and the identification of a range of opportunities based around the application of Intelligent Automation solutions.
- For a number of non-traditional retail banks, challenger banks and credit card providers, Derek worked with software suppliers and BPO service providers to redesign existing operations focused on cost reduction through outsourcing . This involved both front office contact centre design and technology solution redesign.
Areas of Expertise
- Target Operating Model Design
- Process Excellence
- Intelligent Automation
- Finance Transformation
- Programme Design, Delivery & Assurance
- Digital Transformation
- Change Management
- Business Case Development
- Technology Strategy & Architecture
- Innovation & Design Thinking
- Retail Banking & Insurance
- Logistics & Distribution
- Travel & Leisure
- BSc First Class (Hons), Computation - University of Manchester