Shawn is a Managing Director and leads Protiviti’s Finance and Performance Management segment. He assists global companies in business and system transformations necessary to address growth, scalability of systems and challenges.
He is the lead Managing Director for this engagement team in the areas Property & Casualty and Life operations, risk management and controls and has an understanding of insurance rules and regulations, processes and risks.
Representative Engagements Include:
- Documented many processes and controls for the financial operations departments of a large international P&C insurance company. In additions we packaged process and control documents in an organised manner and utilised by management for internal, external and state audit purposes
- Assisted the company’s management to document and improve Underwriting and Risk Management processes. Produced process narratives that provided a written description of all key steps within the processes
- Financial Operations & Corporate Reporting State Examination Assistance - assisting the company’s Corporate Reporting & Financial Operations department to create a process and control documentation to satisfy an information request by the State Insurance Department
- Led assessment of the inter-company reporting environment and determined required process modifications to facilitate a transition from one company to another. Internal and external team responsible for validating the inter-company balance to facilitate the sale of a company
- Assisted the company to develop a sustainable process for SEC reporting of large Life and A&H writer. The company had a high-level plan in place to achieve this objective and engaged us to support them on this important effort. Our team was focused on assisting the company with SEC filings including the initial registration statement and subsequent filings (10K, 10Q, 8K, etc.). In addition, we worked with the company to assess the SEC filings’ challenges and develop a sustainable process for such filings
Areas of Expertise
Proficient in insurance operations, systems solutions, financial reporting requirements, general ledger systems and various other insurance topics. Lead many large reporting transformation initiatives focused on establishing and improving GAAP, MD&A and Statutory Reporting processes.
- DeSales University Bachelor of Arts in Finance and Accounting - Center Valley, PA