Mark is a transformational leader with global experience in driving and sustaining innovative, responsible business transformation and growth. Leader of business strategy, innovation, and operational excellence through data, analytics, and technology enablement across global Fortune 500 organisations.
Proven customer/client relationship management and board-level communication and syndication skills necessary to influence and ultimately realise the full value of complex, cross-cultural strategic change. Committed to and intentional about building diverse, collaborative organisations that foster a culture grounded in inclusion and personal development.
Mark leads Protiviti’s Data & Analytics Strategy practice leveraging a culmination of experiences from over 20 years of delivering business value through the design, build, deployment, change management, and operations of innovative data & analytics solutions.
- Global Insurance Company – Enterprise Data Privacy Strategy & Operations – Lead Programme Executive: Collaborated with the Client’s Chief Privacy Officer in developing the institution’s data privacy strategy and operational framework designed to build and maintain customer trust while meeting regulatory obligations, both global (GDPR) and domestic (CCPA + other states pending). The successful implementation met required GDPR and CCPA deadlines.
- Top 10 US and Global Bank – Risk & Regulatory Data Transformation – Lead Programme Executive: Accountable for partnering with the Chief Data Officer and risk and regulatory senior executives in developing and implementing the client’s multi-year global strategy for demonstrating transparency and control of risk and regulatory reporting environment end-to-end (source to report). Over 4 years, the programme successfully designed, implemented, and operated a globally distributed agile-based shared service enabling risk & controls management, enhanced data analytics and effective issue management across all lines of business and risk lines of defense enabling Fed / SEC regulatory reporting compliance.
- Global Material Science Manufacturer – EU Fiber Optic Supply Chain Reporting – Project Lead: Designed, developed, and implemented business intelligence capabilities to support the end-to-end supply chain capabilities for the client’s EMEA operations. Successfully rolled out and operated these capabilities across Europe based out of the client’s Munich, Germany offices.
- Top 5 US Utility – Global Finance Transformation – Programme Manager / Solution Architect: Partnered with senior client executives on a 4-year journey to design and implement a “Finance Hub,” which served enterprise wide as the single point of finance data integration, risk & controls, reporting, and analytics. Overhauled the entire finance function, including the integration of a major acquisition, focusing on operating model refinement, process improvement, risk management and decision support enablement within both IT and the lines of business.
Areas of Expertise
- Business value-driven data & analytics strategy
- Data & analytics maturity assessment
- Data lifecycle management
- Modern data & analytics operating models & reference architectures
- Data privacy & sensitive data management
- Analytics use case generation & POC
- Automation strategy & enablement
- Data monetisation & value identification
- Data literacy, skills assessment, & up-skilling
- Centers of expertise & managed services
- Financial Services
- Power & Utilities
Education, Certifications & Awards
- Amazon Web Services Certified Cloud Practitioner