Douglas is a Managing Director in the Risk and Compliance division of Protiviti’s New York office. Douglas has over twenty years experience in financial services / capital markets and has worked on large scale consulting projects that range from financial close optimisation to organisation change management to large regulatory / technology projects for large banks, broker dealers and custodians. These projects include work from the front office though operations, technology and finance. Prior to consulting Douglas’s had extensive commodity and risk management experience.
- Led North American transformation team charged with developing operational and financial processes identified as candidates for reengineering and automation; leveraged Robotics, AI, machine learning, software applications, and workflows to enhance efficiencies.
- Maintained regulatory compliance by overseeing team in designing software to categorise and structure contract data from a global content repository adhering to RRP, Fed SR14-1 regulations, supporting an initial 530,000 documents and plans to add 1 million additional.
- Managed the review and testing of cyber security policies, procedures, and operations, ensuring adherence to best practices; identified gaps and made change recommendations as warranted.
- Drove process and performance improvement by overseeing the mapping and modification of operational and financial processes to reduce ledger close time 50+% while decreasing operational breaks and initial material differences; improve operational control and regulatory reporting to ensure compliance with IHC regulations for multiple broker dealers.
- Contributed to the merger of two broker dealers, focusing on a UBIX system and general ledger integration across two FCM subsidiaries of existing broker dealers.
- Oversaw the definition, mapping, and testing of broker dealers’ operational processes, ensuring compliance with regulation 17-a5 across all streams, including 15c3-1, 15c3-3, customer statement, onboarding, and securities reconciliation; made operational change recommendations to verify ongoing compliance and control.
- Refined the global enterprise risk management system and ensure regulatory compliance across all broker dealer functions; infused appropriate regulation into the risk management system and mapped operations, key controls, and processes.
Areas of Expertise
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSAs)
- Financial Services / Capital Markets
- Change and Transformation
- Trading and risk management
- Middle office & operations
- Process and operating model transformation
- Business consulting and technology consulting project delivery
- Financial Services - Capital Markets
- M.B.A. – Fordham University
- B.S. – Finance / Managerial Statistics, Syracuse University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- ACAMS AML/KYC
- Series 3