Brandon is part of Protiviti’s Risk and Compliance solution with a primary focus on process and control design to increase automation and reduce process risk and redundancies. Brandon is experienced in agile transformation and holds the Certified Scrum Master credential. Brandon is also experienced in RCSA design, monitoring and testing design, as well as regulatory compliance assessments, testing, and remediation.
- Managed a PMI process transformation project for a top 5 Bank. Identified opportunity to maximise the use of BlackKnight’s MSP servicing system and eliminate manual intervention and non-standard processing. Designed automated scripting and reporting for areas that required intervention resulting in an overall FTE save of 10 and increasing accuracy of PMI terminations, refunds, and billing.
- Managed an escrow administration process and control design improvement project for a top 5 Bank. Identified opportunities to maximise the use of current third-party contracts and current system functionality to eliminate in-house processing and reduce headcount by over 65% with no additional cost to the Bank. Designed automated exception reporting to eliminate manual testing and improve quality to the overall process. Designed automated scripting to eliminate human intervention and reduce key stroke error for processes that remained manual.
- Managed a flood insurance process and control design improvement project for a top 5 Bank. Identified requirements for transitioning certain flood processes to a third-party and subsequently assisted with documenting and designing controls to align with the new operating model and meet regulatory expectations. Designed processes that included increased automation, improved reporting, preventative controls, and reduced process redundancies.
- Managed a mortgage origination process and Encompass LOS redesign for a mid-sized Bank as a result of a non-bank mortgage originator acquisition. Hosted design sessions with sales, processing, disclosures, underwriting, closing, accounting, finance, compliance, and legal to define the optimised future-state. Designed custom system configurations that included field-level security, field triggers, alerts, custom forms, illogical conditions, and other hard stops and edit checks to increase quality, efficiency, and address compliance concerns. Documented future state process maps and control environment in standard deliverable format.
- Managed a Regulation E Dispute lookback and future-state design project for an OCC-regulated Bank. Executed a lookback of disputed transactions, validated proper disposition, ensured compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, and identified areas of consumer harm. Redesigned procedures and job aides to include process and system enhancements to optimise future-state dispute and chargeback processing.
- Managed a process and control documentation project for a top 5 Bank. Executed process walkthroughs and documented process narratives, process flows, and risk and control matrices for Transaction Processing (Wires, ACH, Reconciliation), Home Mortgage Originations and Servicing, Direct Lending, and Capital Markets. Identified existing controls, enhancements to documented controls, and opportunities to strengthen overall control environment.
Areas of Expertise
- Process Improvement
- Agile Transformation
- Regulatory Risk
- Credit Risk
- Operational Risk
- Project Management
- Internal Audit
- Bachelors of Science in Business, Major in Finance – University of Minnesota
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Scrum Master
- Series 7 and 63 Securities Licenses (inactive)
- Professional Risk Managers International Association