Last Updated: June 2022
Protiviti’s Global Privacy Officer is responsible for our compliance with this Policy. The Privacy Officer may be contacted as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
What is “Personal Information”?
Information We Collect
We limit the collection of personal information to what is reasonably required to fulfill the purposes detailed under the “How We Use the Information We Collect” section.
We may collect the following personal information about you depending on your interactions with us:
- Personal identifiers and contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and your username and password if you have created an account on our Site.
- Browsing activity on our Site and interactions with our emails and social media accounts, such as page and job offers viewed, opt-out preferences, email bounce backs, click-throughs, and IP addresses. We treat this information as “personal information” if it can identify you as an individual (as further detailed in the “How we collect your personal information” section);
- Professional or employment-related information, such as job search criteria and preferences, employment experience, educational history, skills, reference information, background information, other information contained in your resume or other employment and career-related information that you provide if you apply for a position with Protiviti.
- Any other information you provide to us, such as comments and materials you submit through interactive features such as our “Contact Us” online form or other communications functionality.
You are not required to provide us with your personal information where it is requested but we may be unable to provide certain products and services or proceed with your business relationship with Protiviti if you do not do so.
How We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including directly from you, from third parties and through our Site. Using information we have collected, we may also generate new information about you.
We may collect personal information from the following general sources:
- Directly from you, when you create an account on our Site, use any interactive feature on our Site (for instance, if you upload your resume when applying for a position with Protiviti), subscribe to receive our communications, update your account information, respond to surveys and questionnaires, rate or review services, contact us with questions or comments, connect with us through social media, or participate in our promotions.
- From third parties, as permitted by law and in accordance with the applicable privacy policies of those third parties. For instance, we may also purchase or obtain e-mail lists, customer leads and other data sources from third parties for our advertising and marketing purposes.
- From publicly available sources of information, such as telephone, professional, or business directories or from publications such as newspapers, books, and magazines, as permitted by law.
- Automatically when you visit our Site, as further detailed in the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may collect certain information automatically when you browse our Site, using cookies and similar technologies. We treat this information as “personal information” when it may be associated with an identifiable individual, for example if we are able to associate this information with you because you browse while you are logged on your account.
- Browser or device generated information: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to configure the Site properly for you and so that you can have a positive user experience.
- Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, market our services to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as routing visitors to the appropriate website for the visitor’s country, calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address. If you accessed the Site using a mobile device like a smartphone, we may also collect your phone’s unique device ID and other similar mobile device data.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or otherwise, with your consent or as permitted or required by law:
General business purposes. We may use your personal information for the following general business purposes:
- To allow you to create an account on our Site;
- To provide you with information regarding employment opportunities and career-related information;
- To provide you with information or services that you request;
- To communicate with you about our services or your use of our Site;
- To distribute comments and other content you provide on message boards or other communications functionality associated with the Site to other users of those message boards or other communications functionality;
- To protect the Site against online threats such as spam bots and malware;
- To protect our operations and those of our affiliates;
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Research and development purposes. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes. For instance, we may use personal information to administer and improve our services and our Site, and to tailor them to your usage or preferences, or to conduct general commercial research and analysis. When required by law, we will use de-identified or anonymized information for these purposes.
Marketing communications. We may use your personal information to send you automated emails, or other communications containing promotional messaging if you have provided an express consent, or if we have an implied consent or an exemption under Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, and if you have not opted-out of receiving such communications. You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions contained in the communication or by contacting us as indicated under the “Contact Us” section.
Retargeting. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads regarding our services when you access and use other websites, based on information relating to your use of the Site. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags).
- Data collected may be shared with our third party vendor Criteo for cross device linking and advertising purposes. If you would like to learn more about cross device linking or opt out of Criteo advertising, please visit: https://www.criteo.com/privacy/
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, as defined above, and to the following third parties, or otherwise with your consent or in accordance with applicable law. These affiliates and third parties may be outside of Canada, as described in the “Personal Information Outside of Canada” section.
Service providers. We rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf (such as data hosting and other IT services) and we may disclose your personal information to such service providers. We will use all reasonable safeguards, including contractual requirements with our service providers, to protect your personal information wherever it is used or stored.
Other permitted reasons. Additionally, we may disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- as required to comply with laws applicable to us;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities; and
- to a third party in the event of any actual or contemplated reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Third Party Services and Websites
Security and Retention of Personal Information
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures intended to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Use of Site by Minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
Personal Information Outside of Canada
Because we operate globally, your personal information may be processed, used or stored in any country where we or our affiliates have facilities or in which we engage service providers, including without limitation the United States. As a result, when your personal information is processed, used or stored in a jurisdiction other than where you are residing, it may be subject to the law of this foreign jurisdiction, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement in that jurisdiction.
When we transfer your personal information outside your country of residence, we will use all reasonable safeguards, including contractual requirements with our service providers, to ensure the adequate protection of your personal information.
Limits on Collecting, Using, and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We will not collect personal information indiscriminately but will limit collection of personal information to that which is reasonable and necessary. We will also collect personal information as authorized by law.
We will only use or disclose your personal information as described in this Policy or as Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purposes set out above or as permitted or required by law.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
If you have created an online account on the Site and would like to update the personal information you have provided to us, you can access your account on the Site to view and make changes or corrections to your personal information.
You may also contact us using the methods described below under the “Contact Us” section to update your information, to request access to your information, or to request that necessary corrections be made to your information. Where applicable, as authorized or required by law, we will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may require that you put your request in writing, and that you provide proof of your identity.
Any question, compliant or comment you may have with respect to personal information, and any request to access or correct your personal information, may be sent by mail or email using the following contact information:
Global Privacy Officer
Protiviti a division of Robert Half Canada Inc.
2884 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Email Address: [email protected]