Fred is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Metro New York office and leads the East Region’s Internal Audit and Financial Controls practice. He focuses primarily on internal audit and business risk consulting services. He helps to develop and deliver Protiviti’s services related to internal audit, corporate governance, and financial controls. He works closely with Chief Audit Executives in accomplishing their objectives, and frequently meets with clients’ Audit Committees as part of the Internal Audit process.
He has over 25 years of business experience, with over 10 years leading Protiviti’s East Region’s Internal Audit and Financial Controls practice. Prior to Protiviti, he worked at Lucent Technologies where he was responsible for leading and managing their Global Internal Audit organization. This organization consisted of over 60 auditors operating globally. In addition, he held other positions at Lucent and led their finance and process re-engineering activities.
Previously, he was a Director in Arthur Andersen's Risk Consulting practice, an Internal Audit Director at NYNEX Telecommunications, and a Manager with Coopers & Lybrand’s External Audit Practice. He earned his degrees in Accounting and Computer Science from the State University of New York.
Representative Engagements Include
- Leader in Protiviti’s East Region’s Internal Audit and Financial Controls Practice
- Extensive experience in Internal Audit Outsourcing Engagements
- Experience in the Entertainment, Manufacturing, Technology and Consumer Products industries
- Extensive experience in establishing and managing internal audit organizations with a focus on people, process, tools and knowledge sharing
- Participates frequently in Audit Committee and Board of Director meetings, presenting audit findings from internal audit work and the results of special projects, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance initiatives
- Frequent speaker on business risk-related topics and, more recently, on corporate governance and Internal Audit, at a variety of conferences and client internal training programs
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Computer Science – State University of New York
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)