Earl is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Atlanta office with 28 years of healthcare experience in enhancing clients’ business performance through strategy, process, and technology consulting services. He leads Protiviti’s Global Payer Industry practice which includes health plans, pharmacy benefit management companies, Medicaid, accountable care organizations, and ancillary technology and business services companies. He has a proven track record of architecting and delivering complex initiatives that enable clients’ business strategies and enhance their market position.
Prior to joining Protiviti, he was President of a large national chronic condition management, complex case management, wellness, and health informatics company. He was also a senior partner at Accenture in its global healthcare practice where he helped drive industry strategy development, market offerings, large strategic initiatives and worked in its venture capital and alliances group. He has also been an independent industry consultant, private equity advisor, and board of directors member. He has presented frequently at seminars, conferences, and client summits.
Representative Engagements Include
- Led a leading health management and wellness business with over $260 million in revenues and 1,200 employees serving Fortune 500 companies, health plans, pharma companies and government entities. Integrated several disparate companies into a cohesive operating entity while achieving significant new revenue growth and boosting operating margins. Co-led and delivered a strategic clinical health enhancement model, product suite, and roadmap to better position the company in its market. Upgraded management, operations, and client-facing talent to improve business performance. Changed the culture to one of a consultative, solutions-based selling and long-term relationship management. Increased productivity and attained contracted service levels while reducing direct costs. Reengineered the enrollment function resulting in significant improvements in enrollment yields. Achieved 95+% of client contractual clinical, financial, and operating outcomes
- Led multiple large business change programs enabled by technology and small, focused improvement projects that drove strategic benefits and sizable documented economic benefits for clients. Worked extensively with client senior executives in crafting business strategies; designing and delivering business processes; optimizing organization structures; and delivering information technology capabilities to drive strategic differentiation and bottom-line value. These initiatives enhanced growth, improved productivity, reduced costs, and enhanced stakeholder satisfaction
- Led strategy, operations, technology and business turnaround engagements for a large national managed mental health care plan to successfully emerge from Chapter 11. Turned around the business and delivered large annual client savings over seven years. Led the customer retention strategy which kept retention to 95+%. Led business and information strategy initiatives and conducted data reliability assessments to provide stakeholders with high levels of confidence. Advised on the business and product approach for the disease management line of business. Delivered a customer service voice recognition system and a series of health cost improvement projects
- Directed numerous information architecture engagements for large national health plans. Focused on creating the appropriate enterprise information architecture, integrated data stores and integration architecture, metadata approaches, and data cleanup processes to support their business strategies of more seamlessly sharing the data with the customers, providers and internal operations
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Louisiana State University