Quantum Computing Services
Helping organisations get Post-Quantum ready
Quantum computing capabilities are exploding, causing disruption and incredible opportunities. But many technology and business leaders don’t understand the impact this technology will have on their businesses—the tremendous potential improvements and the risk to data and critical business processes.
We’re helping organisations identify real use cases and value, assess their risk, and take action today to be post-quantum ready.
Prepare now for Quantum opportunities and risks
Post-quantum risk assessments
The cryptographic apocalypse could be here in 3 to 5 years. Is your organisation ready to implement post-quantum safe encryption? Depending on the sensitivity and shelf life of data you’re transmitting, you may have to start now. We’ll help you become crypto agile.
Quantum computing proof of concept (PoC)
Ready to prove imminent quantum advantage in your organisation? We can build custom use cases like portfolio optimisation or machine learning. Some of these applications will show performance benefits this year—some will position you to be a leader within two years.
The Post-Quantum world podcast
The Post-Quantum World is a bi-weekly podcast about hot topics in quantum computing. Protiviti host and quantum lead, Konstantinos Karagiannis, and our guests explore quantum computing and its business impacts, benefits, and threats. Are you post-quantum ready?
Quantum computing are machines that take advantage of the ability of subatomic particles to exist in more than one state at any time. Due to how the particles behave, operations can be done much more quickly and using less energy than classical computers.
So, What does this mean to your business?
Organisations should view quantum computing as a competitive advantage. New quantum-inspired algorithms will bring innovative solutions and approaches to product development. In addition, quantum computing can reduce time to market and optimise customer delivery.
However, quantum computing also poses a significant risk to organisations. Researchers have shown how quantum computing could significantly weaken current cryptography systems.
A quantum computer will instantly render today’s security systems obsolete and break the encryption of sensitive data protected by today’s strongest security. This puts your organisation’s data, intellectual property (IP, patents, customer information, and data) at risk.
Any information shared on public channels now or in the future will be vulnerable. For industries such as financial services and healthcare with significant regulatory requirements for data privacy and security, quantum will have a significant business, legal, and ethical impact.
Example areas of risk include:
- Protecting government and military communications
- Securing financial and banking transactions
- Assuring the confidentiality of medical data and healthcare records
- Safeguarding the storage of personal data in the cloud
- Restricting access to confidential corporate networks
Post-Quantum encryption—new capabilities and algorithms that are resistant to attacks by both classical and quantum computers—to keep information assets secure even after a large-scale quantum computer is available, is underway.
Leading organisations such as the Chicago Quantum Exchange are advancing research and education in the science and engineering of quantum information.
While quantum may still be several years away, organisations need to take steps to prepare today. Our quantum computing services are helping organisations with Post-Quantum Risk Assessments and Readiness workshops and planning quantum road maps.
Key steps you should take today:
- Select a quantum champion
- Conduct a post-quantum readiness workshop
- Identify quantum computing use cases, value to your organisation, and potential risks
- Chart a quantum course and multi-year road map.
- Start your journey and re-assess the road map every 6-12 months. Update the plan based on new quantum computing discoveries and developments, as well as changes in your business and industry.
- Be prepared and flexible!
Helps identify real use cases
Using Quantum in your organisation
Protiviti helps organisations identify real use cases to drive value to your organisation. Below are examples of how quantum computing might help you:
Helps identify real use cases
- Rebalance documented portfolio gains
- Optimise trading trajectory
- Analyse credit risk
- Integrate AI for better fraud detection
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
- Optimise search data for better AI diagnostic aids from faint marks in MRIs to overall symptom comparisons
- Model and simulate drugs and molecules
- Analyse genetics
- Revolutionise all areas of moving product
- Create complex engineering designs (chips to ideal molecules)
- Improve AI for autonomous driving GPS navigation
- Better, faster search capabilities
- Boost AI and ML, optimised training data, new algorithms
- Optimise advertising and marketing analysis
- Verify and validate software
- Improve sensor development
- Optimise network designs and distribution of energy
- Maximise oil well output