EVP, Global Industry, Client Programmes and Marketing
Pat is a Managing director with over 30 years of experience in providing audit and consulting services to companies in the financial services industry. Pat is a member of Protiviti’s Executive Team with responsibility for the Global Clients and Industry Programs as well as the Global FSI Industry. Pat’s experience includes leading internal audit co-sourcing and outsourcing engagements, assisting companies with Sarbanes Oxley compliance, managing large, complex projects and litigation support. Pat also has experience with external audits.
Principal Areas Of Practice
- Outsourced/Co-Sourced Internal Audit, including infrastructure development, risk assessment and audit plan development, project execution, resource planning/augmentation and reporting to senior management and audit committee.
- Assisting companies with Sarbanes Oxley compliance efforts, including improving the effectiveness.
- Pat has managed large projects for clients to assist them with analysing a large number of transactions and/or activity. This has included experience with claims, cash activity, suspense accounts and escheatment requirements.
- Internal Audit Consulting, including Quality Assurance Reviews and Benchmarking/Best Practices Reviews.
- Large Financial Services Company: Served as Managing Director for the internal audit co-source arrangement, overseeing approximately 35,000 hours of work with reporting responsibility to Audit Committee.
- Large Bank: Managed a team of 30 people to reconstruct cash flow transactions for trust account activity. Project included reconciling activity to key bank records and developing a data base and repository to track transactions and reconciliations.
- Regional Bank: Responsible for out sourced internal audit services. Led the transformation of the internal audit function to a risk-based, process-focused function, using consistent methodology and tools across all internal audit personnel. Assisted with the development of an enterprise risk assessment process.
- Insurance Company: Assisted with development of risk assessment, audit universe and audit plan for a large personal lines insurance company.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit Services
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Industry Experience
- Financial Services
- B.S. – Management, Purdue University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- IIA Certified in Quality Assessments