David Dawson is an experienced consulting and financial services industry professional, David’s focus is providing global and forward-thinking perspectives when creating and implementing complex business, operational and technology solutions for clients. David uses measurable goals and objectives in addition to proven change management processes. David is a thought-leader on organization transformation having worked with clients in North America and throughout the Middle East, Asia, South America, the Caribbean and Europe.
David received an MBA from York University. He joined the Protiviti Toronto office as the Managing Director for Canada in 2014
Principal Areas of Practice
- Global Transaction Banking – Business Casing, Requirements gathering, RFP development and Vendor selection for the cash management solution of two of Canada’s largest banks
- Business Casing – for large IT programs including areas such as Global Transaction Banking, Corporate payments, Pricing/Billing, and Core Banking solutions
- Market Entry Strategy - for a large Canadian bank - Asian market entry strategy for the trade financing
- New Product Launch – for a large international bank - the strategy and operational review for launch of a new international remittance product
- Core Banking Strategy an IT Roadmap - for large middle-eastern bank - IT strategy, roadmap and RFP development for the core banking platform and other key systems (e.g. cards)
- International Core Banking Strategy - for a major Canadian bank - IT strategy, business case and RFP development for the international (40+ countries) core banking platform
- IT Business Alignment - for a large Canadian bank - development of a sustainable process to increase alignment between business and IT in order to improve long term IT strategy – scope included all bank functions and business lines including wealth, capital markets, retail, commercial, finance etc.
- Branch IT Strategy – for a large Canadian bank – review and assessment for branch of the future technology options including tablets, PC’s, Interactive Media etc.
Operation and Performance Improvement
- Process Re-design/Improvement – for one of Canada’s largest Credit Unions - end-to-end process re-design and implementation of all major process
- Strategic Operation Review - for large regional Caribbean bank including Target Operating Model, Efficiency and Process Assessment and Recommendation, Governance and Operational Risk review
- Process Review and Capture - of mortgage securitization process for large Canadian bank
- Corporate Re-structuring – for a large public sector Indian bank, strategic review of the EU and US operations
- MBA York University
- BA University of Toronto
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt