Government cloud adoption framework supports efficiency, security & cost management
With a cloud policy and strategy in place, this agency wanted to ensure their cloud consumption was efficient, secure, and financially sound. They sought to enable a consistent and scalable approach to cloud consumption. With numerous agencies in the government structure, they needed a way to guide their agencies in understanding the available cloud services, determining the appropriate usage of cloud services as well as procuring and securing cloud appropriately.
- Conducted independent research to identify available types of cloud deployment for the government agencies as well as the respective benefits associated with cloud consumption.
- Synthesized existing government digital and cloud strategies and policies to guide cloud service selection.
- Aligned cloud service procurement with the government procurement requirements and considerations.
- Aligned cloud service security recommendations with governments cyber security policy as well as their information classification, labelling, and handling guidelines.
- Centralized adoption framework that is applicable to all government clusters and agencies.
- Aligned cloud adoption framework with the government’s cloud strategy to create coherent guidance for agencies to consume cloud efficiently and securely.
- Summarized cloud services that are available for agency consumption as well as cloud benefits to support cloud decision making.
- Consolidated strategy, policy, procurement, and cyber security information to inform cloud service decisions.
- Documented key procurement requirements and considerations for government cloud services consumption.
- Defined cloud security responsibility model based on existing cyber security and data classification policies.
Consolidated strategy, policy, procurement, and cyber security information to inform cloud service decisions