Matt is a Managing Director within our Risk & Compliance team in the U.K. Matt specialises in helping client’s assess their regulatory requirements, advising on control and risk frameworks and implementing regulatory change relating to both anti-financial crime and broader regulatory compliance. Recently Matt has focused on helping clients drive efficiency into their business operations through the adoption of new technologies, harnessing automation opportunities and making better use of their data sets whilst still meeting their regulatory requirements. Matt is also responsible for the oversight of Protiviti’s European Financial Services Industry client base and is responsible for ensuring co-ordination of cross border teams on the management of Protiviti’s key Financial Services accounts.
- Matt has advised clients on a wide range of risk, financial crime and regulatory compliance topics. He specialises in Banking, Payments and Asset Management but also has extensive experience in Capital Markets, Securities and Broking.
- He has led some of Protiviti’s largest remediation and transformation projects, working with 100+ consultants across borders, typically against robust regulatory deadlines.
- Matt has worked with clients across all three lines of defence, including process transformation projects, compliance advisory, monitoring and internal audit reviews.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial Crime Compliance
- Operational Risk
- Risk and controls frameworks
- Regulatory visit preparation
- Internal Audit and assurance reviews
- Governance and Board Effectiveness
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Based Compliance Monitoring
- Financial Services
- Asset and Wealth Management
- Capital Markets
- BSc, Durham University, UK