Vincent is a managing director with more than 20 years’ experience. He specialises in internal audit, and other business and risk consulting services including Sarbanes-Oxley and financial reporting controls compliance, enterprise risk management, business process improvement, and capital projects consulting.
Prior to joining Protiviti in 2004, Vincent had worked in the audit and assurance practice of a Big Four accounting firm, the finance department of a commercial company as well as in an in-house internal audit department of a sizable Hong Kong organisation.
- Led a number of internal audit full-outsourcing / co-sourcing projects. Experienced in helping clients to plan, set up and execute their internal audit functions, including the establishment of necessary internal audit infrastructures and processes. Prepared, attended and presented in audit committee meetings for the clients.
- Engagement leader of a financial process re-engineering project for a healthcare company to review the current state selected processes at its financial shared service center. Identified challenges faced by the company, provided recommended future state process scenarios to facilitate client’s top management’s decision on adopting the changes.
- Conducted a business process evaluation and improvement project for a quasi-government organisation in Hong Kong to prepare a mapping of the “to-be-flow” of its business process in conjunction with its ERP system upgrade project, provided process optimisation recommendations, revamped its chart of accounts, and prepared an accounting manual to provide guidance to its finance staff on the new process flows.
- Assisted a number of clients by applying data analytics in internal audit projects through identifying anomalies transactions for carrying out further audit procedures for obtaining better assurance; and by performing in-depth data analysis in consulting projects to support recommendations for enhancing client’s operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assisted a number of clients in different industries to successfully improve their internal control system through pre-IPO Internal Control Review projects which also enabled the IPO sponsors to fulfill their due diligence responsibilities under PN21 of the Hong Kong Listing Rules.
- Engagement leader of an internal audit quality assurance review (QAR) project for a manufacturing company with operations span across Hong Kong, Mainland China and Japan.
- Speaker at conferences, technical seminars and workshops organised by accounting professional associations on various topics like Best Practices in Internal Audit, Internal Control and Sarbanes-Oxley, and the New COSO Framework 2013, and the Updated ERM Framework.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit and Financial Advisory
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Business Process Improvement
- Consumer Products and Services
- Real estate and Hospitality
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Public Services
- BBA in Finance, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountant (FCPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA)
- IIA Accreditation in Quality Assessment and Validation