Esther is a Managing Director specialising in the provision of risk management, internal controls and assurance. She has assisted a number of organisations with their risk management and internal audit offering, including organisations across diverse industries. Prior to joining Protiviti, Esther worked within a Big 4 Accounting Firm and in the Internal Audit departments of a public pharma company and a multinational retailer. She has over 20 years of technical experience and is also experienced in leading international projects.
- Internal Audit Transformation and EQAs: Esther leads our Next Generation Internal Audit vision in the UK and has supported a large number of organisations in maturing and transforming their IA functions. She has also performed external quality assessments for large organisations across a wide range of sectors.
- Risk and Assurance Frameworks - Esther has extensive experience of Risk Management and Internal Audit. She has recently performed a diagnostic of the Enterprise Risk Management programme designed and deployed across a global organisation and the policies and procedures supporting the ERM framework. She has also performed a review of the operational risk framework within a financial services organisation, assessing the adequacy of the governance and oversight framework for operational and credit risk, the methodology in place and the alignment to industry good practices.
- Internal Control Frameworks - She has lead internal audit engagements with global organisation where she has developed and implemented internal control frameworks including controls over financial reporting to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. She has led operational effectiveness reviews of controls within the main business processes such as Order to Cash, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Financial Closing and Reporting. She is a member of the SOX Steering Committee within her clients that facilitates an efficient and timely communication with the external auditor.
- System implementation - Esther has gained knowledge of IT controls design and implementation within SAP, participating in system deployment projects and evaluating the adequacy of the IT internal control framework. Additionally, she has led several implementations of the Protiviti Governance Portal in multinational companies where internal controls activities and risk management are supported and consistently monitored through our GRC technology solution.
- Information Security and Data Privacy - She has gained the knowledge and experience of data privacy and data protection and she has managed performed a data privacy risk assessment for one of the largest global pharmaceutical companies, with the objective of providing an independent review of the effectiveness of control mechanisms to reduce risk of breaches of data protection.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Internal Control Frameworks
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Financial Controls / SOX
- Retail / Consumer Products
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Business Administration degree
- Spanish (native)
- English (fluent)
- French (fluent)