Ewen is a managing director and the office lead for Protiviti Sydney. Having worked across a full spectrum of IT related issues, he is highly experienced in multiple IT platforms as well as in business engagement of IT systems.
Specialising in programme/project management roles that have focused on process and technology change, Ewen has worked on a number of software development projects utilising both new and traditional development methodologies. Ewen is a Certified Information Systems Auditor and a PRINCE2 Practitioner.
- Advised projects on technology and security risks at a large Australian financial services institution. Ewen’s work included performing technology risk assessments and advising on appropriate controls. A number of the projects involve outsourcing and offshoring, requiring consideration of the risks inherent in these types of arrangements, as well as potential APRA notification/consultation.
- Led the pre-implementation review of an ERP system for a global client, identifying key considerations for remediation prior to completion of the project.
- Led Protiviti’s IT audit work at an Australian medical insurer including performance of an IT assessment to identify audit themes. Audits included application development, reinsurance, IT operations and information security.
- Reviewed the Project Management and Agile development practices in place at an outsourced developer of digital TV equipment software for a major UK broadcaster, presented findings and recommendations for improvement to the broadcaster’s steering committee and programme management.
- Led the programme management of a troubled IT controls remediation programme at a major global insurance company and successfully implemented changes.
- Defined the organisational structure and governance model to support the delivery of the Commercial Development & IT Programme for a global hospitality company, including defining the structure and functions of the PMO, and the communication and governance processes.
- Assisted a team that delivered an End User Application Controls project at a major global investment and retail bank, providing subject matter expertise to the client’s senior level personnel and steering groups.
Areas of Expertise
- Program/Project Management
- Project Audit/Assurance
- IT Risk Management
- IT Governance
- Retail Banking
- Investment Banking
- Energy Trading
- Real Estate
- MEng, University of Surrey, UK
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- ISACA, Certified Information Systems Auditor
- PRINCE2 Practitioner