Vishal is a Managing Director with Protiviti and is leading the Financial Reporting Advisory practice for Protiviti in India and Middle East. Vishal has over 16 years of experience as an auditor and an advisor in the financial reporting domain (with more than 12 years in IFRS domain) and has worked in multiple jurisdictions across several industries. Prior to joining Protiviti, Vishal has worked with big 4 accounting firms in and outside India at leadership positions, has led various strategic and market initiatives in his role and also authored several articles/thought leadership publications.
Vishal is also responsible for the M&A and corporate finance practice in India. His prior experience includes assisting companies with purchase price allocation exercise, developing impairment testing models and carrying out business valuations.
- Assisted several companies in the IFRS conversions across multiple jurisdictions, in particular companies in India, Australia and Middle East. Some of his key IFRS conversion/advisory engagements include a large listed pharmaceutical company in India, a listed managed investment scheme in Australia, the largest oil drilling company in Middle East region, a leading power generation company in India (part of $35b business group), one of top three real estate company in India, a large listed upstream oil company in India and several manufacturing and infrastructure companies.
- Led an engagement on reviewing the implementation of IFRS 15, IFRS 9 and IFRS 16 for one of the largest telecom operator in the Middle East region.
- Led multiple audit engagements for almost 9 years under IFRS/local GAAPs across Industries in India and Australia. The companies audited include large to mid-sized listed and private businesses across sectors/industries including metal and mining, manufacturing, transportation/logistics, service companies, financial services (primarily broking companies) and managed investment schemes.
- Conducted industry specific trainings on IFRS and related topics (IFRS-9/32, IFRS-15, IFRS-3 etc.) for several companies, particularly in real estate, construction, oil & gas and IT industry.
- Led M&A and corporate finance projects, including being a lead advisor for fund raising, support development of business plan/financial models, several transaction advisory projects to support financial due diligence, business valuations, preparation of carve-out financial statements and preparation of pro-forma/projected financial statements. He has further provided assistance during the listing of one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) on SGX, for an Indian Company.
- Implemented several financial reporting process related initiatives/projects including implementation of automated consolidation tool, development of globalized chart of accounts, development of GAAP specific accounting policy/procedure manuals and reviewing and improving the financial reporting framework for his clients (including the financial reporting close process).
Areas of Expertise
- IFRS/USGAAP Advisory
- Financial Reporting process improvements
- Financial statements audits
- M&A advisory including lead advisory and development of business plan/financial models
- Due diligence and Business valuations
- Real estate and infrastructure
- Energy, Metals and Mining
- Chartered Accountant (India)
- Master’s in Business Administration (Australia)
- Graduation in commerce