Rick is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Northern California office and has 28 years' experience in public and private accounting, Internal and External Audit and consulting services. Rick leads our Consumer Products & Services industry specialising in retail controls and compliance. Many of his clients are Global 1000 companies.
Prior to joining Protiviti, Rick was a partner at Andersen and practised in its Business Consulting practise, specialising in business process risk consulting. He led Andersen/s BPO practise in the west. Rick developed the store audit framework and methodology Protiviti uses with many retail clients and has written several white papers on store audits and using technology in store compliance.
Leads project teams focused on retail compliance including process assessment, gap analysis, policy and procedure design and implementation.
Developed monitoring processes to help companies evaluate process compliance on a continuous basis.
Provides overall leadership and coordinates with the engagement managing directors to ensure both quality and satisfaction of our services. Works directly with company executives to build consensus on compliance processes.
- Protiviti’s industry leader for Consumer Products & Services including consumer packaged goods, retail, hospitality, transportation, and professional services. Responsible for the coordination and delivery of services to industry members.
- Expert IA skills in developing risk assessments, annual audit plan development, process analysis, benchmarking, corporate compliance, corporate governance, project management, relationship management, and technical support.
- Established and led several BPO and contract compliance engagements with significant results.
- Combines creative and business backgrounds to impact change and progress in client organisations.
- Developed remote audit methodology utilising a combination of control self-assessment and on-site audits.
- On the forefront of developing tools for use in predictive modeling and data analytics and has established a Protiviti solution group to provide deep data analysis all over the world.
- Developed and leads Protiviti’s Loss Prevention/Asset Protection services and retail training and awareness programmes.
Areas of Expertise
Accounting & Finance
Retail Processes & Controls
Retail Safety & Loss Prevention
Retail Training & Awareness
Licensing & Contract Compliance
Consumer Products & Services
Packaged Consumer Goods
Manufacturing & Distribution
Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Southern Utah University
Masters of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts - University of Utah
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- California Society of CPAs (CSPCA)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- National Retail Federation
- Food Marketing Institute
- Retail Industry Leaders Association