Gordon is a Managing Director and has over 25 years of experience providing Internal and External Audit and consulting services to High Technology and Manufacturing companies. Client experience includes serving companies ranging in size from mid-market to Global 1000, with public and private ownership structures. Prior to joining Protiviti, Gordon was a Managing Director at BearingPoint and a Partner in Andersen's Business Consulting Practise, specialising in Finance and Operations performance improvement, and a prior to that, a manager in Andersen's Audit Practise.
Client responsibilities include developing annual risk assessments and executing global internal audit plans, assessing and implementing finance process improvements, consulting with CFOs, Executive Management and Audit Committees on preparing to operate as a public company, ensuring corporate compliance and governance requirements, and overall project management.
Gordon leads the global Technology sub-industry and continues his roles as the leader for our Technology, Media and Communications Industry and the San Francisco Bay Area market.
He has served as an officer (Treasurer) of the San Francisco Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors, as well as a member of the Board of Governors since 2003.
- Led the Internal Audit function for a full outsourced consumer product and technology-based company with a direct reporting relationship to the chair of the Audit Committee and an administrative reporting relationship to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Had overall responsibility for leading client teams in developing and executing the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts for numerous companies ranging from newly public to multi-billion dollar, global enterprises.
- Had responsibility for delivering numerous co-sourced Internal Audit projects on a worldwide basis to multi-national companies through coordination of Protiviti's global network..
Areas of Expertise
- Finance Transformation
- Public Company Readiness
- Internal Audit
- Life Sciences
- Consumer Products
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Boston University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Board of Governors, SF IIA