Tyler is a Managing Director in Protiviti's FSI Internal Audit Practice and is responsible for managing several large co-sourced internal audit relationships within the financial services industry. Overall, Tyler has significant experience performing internal audit quality assurance and best practice reviews, leading operational, financial, and compliance internal audits, and regularly performs regulatory consulting engagements. Tyler is a CPA.
- Responsible for managing a variety of large co-sourced internal audit relationships for large and regional banks. Responsibilities include assisting with Internal Audit Risk Assessments, overseeing audit planning and execution, performing quality assurance reviews, and communicating audit plan status to management.
- Responsible for leading a variety of Internal Audit advisory reviews for regional and large financial institutions. Experience includes performing Quality Assurance Reviews, 13-1 GAP assessments, and evaluations against the OCC's Heightened Standards for Internal Audit. Projects included providing recommendations for Internal Audit to improve the Internal Audit functions to meet new or existing regulatory expectations for Internal Audit.
- Responsible for overseeing a variety of public company readiness assessments and large Sarbanes Oxley Act compliance engagements.
- Managed various capital management and stress testing reviews to identify, evaluate, and testing internal controls through various stress testing process including, forecasting, assumption and stress scenario development, governance, challenge and review, and reporting. As a component to these reviews, Tyler is responsible for overseeing the creation of customized work programs to evaluate specific stress testing functions against regulatory requirement and Bank governance policies and stress testing procedures.
- Managed numerous Asset Liability Management reviews to assess institutions management of interest rate, liquidity, and investment risk. Reviews have included the evaluation of interest rate and liquidity modeling, oversight and governance of ALM function, and stress testing / sensitivity analyses. Tyler also serves as the ALM subject matter expert and training lead for Protiviti’s West Region.
- Managed a variety of model governance internal audit reviews that have evaluated model governance practices against regulatory requirements (e.g., SR-11-7). Additionally, Tyler has performed a number of pre and post implementation model reviews, including credit stress testing and ALM models.
- Performing various audits and consulting projects to evaluate organization's Entity Wide Risk Management and Corporate Governance functions. Additionally, have assisted with performing a variety of entity and functional risk assessments within the FSI.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Regulatory Compliance
- B.S. Accounting, Loyola, Marymount University
- Professional Memberships and Certifications
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)