Tony is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Supply Chain Solutions Practice and also the head of Protiviti’s Intelligent Process Automation practice. He is a distinguished consulting executive with particular strength in business transformation and automation, focusing on cost reduction, efficiency, and risk management initiatives. His supply chain, procurement and automation qualifications have been achieved through experiences in industry, management consulting and outsourcing environments.. He’s been providing performance improvement solutions to Fortune 100 companies for 20+ years across a variety of industries.
- Led the establishment of Protiviti’s RPA solution, including training and certification of 350+ consultants, developing alliance relationships with top RPA vendors and driving development of 1,000+ bots through sprints and hackathons to expand Protiviti’s market share in the digital space.
- Former North American Lead of Accenture’s Procurement and Supply Chain BPO Delivery Operations, managing delivery for $173M in service revenue with responsibility for 160+ US-based delivery resources across 53 key accounts.
- Former Midwest Lead for Capgemini’s Procurement Practice, responsible for strategic planning and delivery of procurement-related consulting services, including 40+ person organization, $45M P&L, account planning, and business development.
- Led the procurement organization for a large consumer electronics retailer, managing $3.6 billion of GNFR (goods not for resale) spend and addressing $1 billion annually to deliver more than $370 million in savings over four years. Reduced cost-to-serve by 22% while increasing customer satisfaction more than 18% during the same period.
- Directed development of the RPA capability for a Fortune 100 multi-line healthcare enterprise, supporting automation of critical business processes, including claims audit and reimbursement validation
- Extensive media coverage and published content, including ZDNet, Total CIO, CFO.com, TechTarget, and recipient of the Pro to Know award from Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine.
Areas of Expertise
- Process Automation Strategy
- Intelligent / Robotic Process Automation
- Vendor Management & Governance
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Procurement Transformation
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Organization Design
- Process Design & Implementation
- Change Management
- Aerospace & Defense
Read Protiviti Blog Posts from Tony Abel