Tony is Managing Director in the Protiviti Supply Chain Solutions Practice. He is a distinguished consulting executive with supply chain qualifications achieved through experiences in industry, management consulting and outsourcing environments. Tony has particular strength in business transformation focusing on cost reduction, risk and compliance initiatives, collaborating with business leaders to effectively reduce cost and drive compliance. He has been providing supply chain solutions to Fortune 100 companies for 20+ years across a variety of industries.
Other Relevant Experience
- Former North American Lead of Accenture’s Procurement and Supply Chain BPO Delivery Operations, managing delivery for $173M in service revenue with responsibility for 160+ US-based delivery resources across 53 key accounts.
- Former Midwest Lead for Capgemini’s Procurement Practice, responsible for strategic planning and delivery of procurement-related consulting services, including 40+ person organization, $45M P&L, account planning, and business development.
- Led procurement organization for large consumer electronics retailer, managing $3.6 billion of GNFR (goods not for resale) spend and addressing $1 billion annually to deliver more than $370 million in savings over four years. Reduced cost-to-serve by 22% while increasing customer satisfaction more than 18% during the same period.
- Led enterprise contract management program design for buy-side and sell-side contracts for a leading provider of integrated information technology solutions, ensuring compliance to corporate policy, terms and approval workflow.
- Negotiated contracts for goods and service (freight/logistics, telecommunications, hardware/software, print/publishing, MRO, facilities, construction, professional services) as part of a cost reduction initiative, including the assessment and qualification of supplier capabilities, viability and risk.
- Designed and implemented a supplier performance management program to effectively monitor and manage strategic suppliers, including the establishment and implementation of key performance indicators, supplier scorecards, spend analytics, program governance model and compliance assurance controls.
Areas of Expertise
- Contract Lifecycle Management
- Vendor Management & Governance
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Procurement Transformation
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Organization Design
- Process Design & Implementation
- Change Management
- Healthcare / Insurance
- Pharmaceuticals Retail
- Aerospace & Defense
Read Protiviti Blog Posts from Tony Abel