Steve has over 35 years of experience providing business consulting and financial services to clients in various industries.
Steve previously led Protiviti's Public Company Transformation solution. He has served on the board of directors of three companies, one as Chairman and two as Audit Committee Chair.
Prior to joining Protiviti in 2006, Steve was a partner at KPMG for three years and spent over 20 years at Arthur Andersen.
- Has served over 100 public companies during his career with assistance in IPO, international expansion and numerous operational issues. Has had significant experience in assisting clients dealing with complex accounting issues. Has served as an Advisory Partner on a number of public companies and has assisted numerous clients with SEC investigations, inquiries, financial restatements and comment letters including frequent interaction the Office of Chief Accountant and legal counsel.
- Has advised / led projects numerous clients on internal control enhancements and rationalization, accounting close, budgeting, benchmarking and other financial analysis.
- Has worked closely with several Audit Committees providing assistance with risk identification and monitoring, provisions of SOX, Internal Audit and other corporate governance & strategic matters. Managed large, sensitive investigations led by legal counsel commissioned by Audit Committees to identify fraud and illegal acts.
Areas of Expertise
Public Company Transformation
Finance Optimization & Reporting Compliance
- Bachelor & Masters Degrees, Marriott School of Management, Brigham Young University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Read Protiviti Blog Posts from Steve Hobbs